Soup is the ultimate comfort food. It's hearty and delicious, and it makes a great complement to other dishes, too. That's why we're talking about what to serve with soup today.
Whether it's a steaming bowl of chicken noodle soup on a cold winter day or one of the many creative and delicious recipes that have become popular in recent years, soup really hits the spot when you're looking for something hearty and flavorful.
Serving up your favorite soup dish can be as simple as adding crusty bread or crackers, but why not take it to another level? In this blog post, we'll explore some tasty side dishes that will make your soups even tastier.
Some examples of great soups that you can try are: cream of mushroom, old fashioned ham and bean, tomato, Thai carrot and ginger and, one of my all time favorites, copycat PF Changs Canada green veggie. Oh, and don't forget to use our wonton crisps to bring your soup to the head of the class!
Why serve a side dish with soup?
By adding a side dish, you can make your soup even more satisfying and nutritious. With the right combination, you can create a well-rounded meal that's both full of flavor and balanced in terms of protein, carbs, and fats. Depending on what type of soup you're serving, there are many different sides that could be an ideal accompaniment.
Are soup and sides a healthy combination?
Yes! Adding sides to your soup dishes is a great way to round out your meal with extra nutrients and vitamins. Depending on what you choose, sides can also add lots of flavor and texture to complement your favorite soups.
Look for side dishes that are low in calories but packed full of flavor – things like roasted vegetables, quinoa salads, and grain-based sides are great options. If you're looking to make your soup even more filling, try adding a protein side dish like grilled shrimp or baked tofu to finish off the meal.
No matter what type of soup you're serving up, there's sure to be an ideal side dish that will take it from good to great.
Why you'll love these what to serve with soup options
As you'll see, there are a variety of side dish options that will make your soups even more delicious. Whether you're looking for something light and crunchy or hearty and filling, we've got you covered! We've gathered up some of the tastiest sides to go along with any kind of soup.
Non-sandwich options on what to serve with soup
The following recipes are all great options for the classic sandwich and wrap options for what to serve with soup. However, there are other options to serve as well.
Write some non-sandwich options for what to serve with soup
• Fresh salads: A simple side salad is a great way to add nutrition and some crunch to your soup. Try adding leafy greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, or other colorful veggies for a light yet flavorful side dish.
• Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables are a classic accompaniment to any kind of soup. Carrots, potatoes, and bell peppers all go great with a warm bowl of soup.
• Grains: Try adding any type of grain to your soups, like quinoa or couscous. This is an easy way to add some extra nutrition as well as texture and flavor.
• Bread and crackers: Crusty bread and crunchy crackers are a great way to add some texture and flavor to your soups.
• Protein sides: Grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu are all excellent options for adding some protein to complete your meal.
• Dips and spreads: Hummus, pesto, or tzatziki sauce are all great options for dipping your bread or crackers into your soup.
• Nuts: Toasted nuts and seeds are a great way to add some crunch and texture to your soups. Try adding things like pumpkin, sunflower, or sesame seeds for a nutty flavor.
• Cheese: You can never go wrong with adding some cheese to your soups. Grated Parmesan and crumbled feta are both great options.
• Fresh herbs and spices: Adding fresh herbs and spices is a great way to take your soup to the next level. Try adding things like dill, cilantro, or chives for extra flavor.
• Baked goods: If you're looking for something sweet, try adding a few slices of your favorite bread or muffins to your soup. This is also a great way to soak up any extra broth in the bowl!
• Fruit: Adding fresh fruit is an easy way to add some natural sweetness and color to your soups. Try adding oranges, apples, or grapes for a unique twist.
• Sauces and dressings: For an extra kick of flavor, try adding some sauces or dressings to your soup. Things like salsa, pesto, teriyaki sauce, or vinaigrette are all great options.
• Soup toppings: Adding things like croutons, bacon bits, or sliced avocado is a great way to take your soup from good to great.
• Gremolata: This is an Italian condiment made of garlic, parsley, and lemon zest. Try adding a bit of gremolata to your soups for an extra touch of flavor.
These are just some of the many side dishes that can complement any type of soup. Start with a base dish like a salad or roasted vegetables, and then add in additional proteins, grains, nuts, cheeses, sauces, and dressings to really get creative! With so many options to choose from, you’re sure to find something that will take your soup from good to great. Happy eating!