These Fried Pork Chop Sandwiches are simple to make. The perfect pork sandwich with a savory, fresh taste, fried pork chops never looked so good in between hamburger buns. If you're looking for something new, maybe this recipe will inspire you to change your dinner plans.
A few years ago, Ken and I visited a friend down south. She made us fried pork chop sandwiches like this. They were so delicious. I knew I had to replicate them myself. And that's exactly what I did!
Breaded Pork Chop Sandwiches Recipe
These breaded pork chops sandwiches are an excellent dinner when you are craving some comfort food. When you top them with pickles, lettuce, and tomatoes like I did they taste so fresh and delicious and make for an amazing dinner idea.
You need a handful of ingredients to make this easy pork chop sandwich recipe. One quick trip to the grocery store and you will be ready to make these simple sandwiches.
- boneless pork chops
- panko breadcrumbs
- alll purpose flour
- canola oil
- hamburger buns
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Fried Pork Chop Sandwiches
If you are ready to enjoy these easy and homemade fried pork chop sandwiches then follow these five simple steps and you will have a delicious sandwich meal for the entire family.
Step 1: Make your buttermilk mixture
Beat the eggs and buttermilk together in a shallow dish.
Step 2: Season the breadcrumbs
Place the panko in a separate shallow dish, and in another one, combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Step 3: Dredge the pork chops
In a large skillet, heat an inch of oil to 350°. Dredge the pork chops in the flour, then the egg, and finally in the panko. Press to coat well.
Step 4: Fry the pork chops
Fry the chops for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown, turning once. Remove the chops and place them on a rack or a paper towel.
Step 5: Assemble the sandwiches
You can toast the bun or not, then spread with mayonnaise and mustard. Add the lettuce, pork chop, tomato slices, onion, and pickles. Serve with your favorite side dish.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this pork chop sandwich.
- Buttermilk - Don't have buttermilk? You can make your own by adding one tablespoon of vinegar to one cup of milk and allow it to sit for 3 to 4 minutes and then stir.
- Bun - use gluten free buns instead of white bread buns to make this gluten free. You will also need to use gluten free breadcrumbs.
- Breadcrumbs - Use regular breadcrumbs in place of panko if you are out of panko or prefer regular breadcrumbs.
Want to personalize this (use keyword or recipe title here) recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy - add red chili pepper flakes to your breadcrumbs for a spicy kick.
- Deluxe - add fried onions, bbq sauce, or even spicy mustard for an extra kick.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Skillet Pork Chop recipe.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this recipe and flavorful pork sandwich recipe.
- one small bowl
- shallow dish
- large skillet
Store meat separately from the sandwich in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Here are some easy steps to help you make these sandwiches turn out well.
- If you like a thicker coating on your fried porkchops dredge the pork chops twice in flour and then in the panko.
- If your pork chops are thin you will want to reduce your cook time so that you don't over cook them.
- Use your favorite buns. I like a potato roll bun myself.
More Pork Recipes
Do you like pork recipes? Here are some recipes you may also like to try
Do you have questions about Fried Pork Chop Sandwiches? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this homemade recipe.
Reheat in the air fryer for 3 to 5 minutes. Or in the oven at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.
Yes, you can freeze. Be sure to crisp them up in the air fryer or oven for a fresh taste.
Yes! Double is so easy to do. Just grab more products and double your dredging ingredients.
Fried Pork Chop Sandwiches Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Fried Pork Sandwiches
- 3 Shallow dish
- 4 boneless pork chops thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup seasoned panko
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Canola oil for frying
- 4 hamburger buns brioche is great
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 4 red onion slices
- Dill pickle slices
- Gather the ingredients needed
- Beat the eggs and buttermilk together in a shallow dish.
- Place the panko in a separate shallow dish, and in another one, combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- In a large skillet, heat an inch of oil to 350°.
- Dredge the pork chops in the flour, then the egg and finally in the panko. Press to coat well.
- Fry the chops for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove the chops and place on a rack or a paper towel.
- You can toast the bun or not, then spread with mayonnaise and mustard. Add the lettuce, pork chop, tomato slices, onion, and pickles.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.
These are great served with chips, salad, potato salad, or fries.
Leave a Reply