Chicken Apple Brie Sandwich or Turkey Apple Brie Wrap is filled with apples, cheese, leftover turkey or rotisserie chicken and is simply sensational! These handheld, on the go snacks are yummy, every time!
The Chicken Apple Brie Sandwich is a delicious creation that combines the savory flavors of chicken or turkey with the creamy texture of brie cheese and the sweet, tangy crunch of apples. This sandwich or Turkey Apple Brie Wrap is an excellent choice for those in search of a quick and satisfying meal, as it can be prepared in just a matter of minutes with minimal prep work and uses only a few ingredients.
Why You Will love This Recipe
- Comes together quickly for lunch, it's an easy to transport snack on-the-go, and is the perfect weekend brunch, or a satisfying dinner.
- The mix of sweet and tangy apples with creamy brie and savory chicken or turkey creates delightful flavors that will appeal to your taste buds.
- Prepare all the parts of this sandwich in advance and use up leftovers, so you can put sandwich together quickly.
- This meal can be enjoyed straight from the fridge or heated up on a panini press, oven or skillet for a warm, melty, crisp delight.
- You can get creative with ingredient additions or substitutions, like adding a handful of greens, a different sauce, cheese, bread or wrap.
- It's an economical meal option that always tastes great.
As I've said, this recipe requires a few ingredients to make it a meal that will send you to the moon and back. So simple that you can pick them up at your local supermarket.
- Chicken or Turkey - leftover, cooked, turkey breast or roast chicken breasts, or rotisserie chicken, sliced or shredded, deli sliced turkey and chicken works well too.
- Brie Cheese - Brie comes in different varieties, such as plain, double cream, triple cream and herb-crusted, so choose the one that best suits your taste buds. You could also use camembert, smoked gouda, fontina, havarti, or a harder cheese like Swiss or Cheddar, if preferred.
- Red Pepper Jelly - try adding a thin layer of Dijon mustard as well as or instead of a cranberry sauce, cranberry balsamic, whole grain mustard, honey mustard, maple Dijon mustard, hummus or guacamole (avocado).
- Apples - Granny Smith apples are recommended because of their tartness but you can use Gala or Honeycrisp apples for a nice crunch and sweet flavor instead.
- Buns or Wraps - Choose your favorite large or extra large, low carb, whole wheat, or flavored wraps. If using bread, ciabatta bread is a sturdy choice however, challah, whole grain, sourdough, crusty Italian or French roll can also work well. Two slices of bread are an option too.
Substitutions and Variations
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this Chicken Apple Brie Sandwich.
- Add Greens - A handful of arugula, spring mix or baby spinach.
- Apples - Use pears instead.
- Add More - Caramelized onions, crumbled bacon, or even cranberries make nice additions.
- French Brie Wrap Variation - Simply, add honey mustard or dijon mustard on to multigrain wrap, baby spinach, turkey slices, French brie and apple slices. Add red onion, walnuts, and dried cranberries too, if desired
- Consider Toasting your wrap in a panini press, oven or skillet until the Brie is slightly melted and the wrap is crisp and golden brown.
- Add Seasoning - Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper, a pinch of salt, rosemary or thyme to enhance flavors.
This recipe could not be easier.
First you have to decide how you are going to get your cooked turkey or chicken. If you are using leftover turkey or chicken, slice it up! Same with a rotisserie chicken, slice that as well.
If you are baking your chicken or turkey breast bake it according to package directions. We usually coat the turkey or chicken breast in butter and sprinkle Mrs. Dash or sprinkle with any seasoning blend you prefer on top of it. Bake your chicken breasts on 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, depending on their size. For turkey breast(s) bake at 425 degrees. After 10 minutes reduce the oven temperature to 350 and bake for about another hour. Check to make sure your turkey breast is 165 degrees at its thickest point. It is hard to give a specific time because turkey breast sizes vary so much. Your meat thermometer is definitely your friend!
Chicken Apple Brie Sandwich
Once your turkey or chicken meat is cooked and sliced you are ready to make your sandwiches! At your workstation split your buns and decide if you want to toast them. If you do turn your oven on to broil and place your split buns on a rimmed baking sheet. Buttered if desired. Place under the broiler for a few minutes, until brown. Make sure all of your ingredients are out and ready to make your sandwich.
Place buns at your work station and cover with brie cheese. Add sliced turkey or chicken.
Add your apple slices. Place some red pepper jelly on each sandwich.
Close the sandwich up with the top half. Eat immediately and enjoy!
Turkey Apple Brie Wrap
Smear some red pepper jelly on the center of your tortilla. Add chicken or turkey slices.
Add slices of brie cheese then add sliced apples.
Tuck in sides and roll up tortilla just like a burrito. Slice and half and serve. Enjoy every bite!
Wrap each prepared Turkey Apple Brie Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator. These wraps are best enjoyed within one or two days.
However, to ensure freshness, it is recommended that you prepare and store the wrap or sandwich components separately in airtight containers in the fridge. Assemble each sandwich or wrap right before consuming it to avoid a soggy texture.
Slice the apples right before serving for best results or slice the apples and sprinkle them with a little lemon juice and place in an airtight container to prevent browning.
Freezing is not recommended as the texture of the wrap, especially the apples, will be altered after freezing therefore, fresh wraps are always preferred.
What To Serve With Turkey Apple Brie Wrap
Here are a few serving suggestions to enhance your meal and make the most of all of your ingredients.
- simple green salad
- fruit salad
- bowl of soup
- sweet potato fries
- grilled vegetables
- pickle spears
If you're looking for some more suggestions on what to serve with this amazing sandwich/wrap, check out that link and the possibilities will be endless!
With these expert tips, you're well on your way to creating a super delicious Chicken Apple Brie Sandwich that's sure to impress!
- Thinly sliced apples and cheese make the wrap easier to roll up.
- Spread red pepper jelly, Dijon mustard or whatever sauce you're using evenly across the center of the wrap to ensure every bite is delicious.
- Make sure to purchase the ingredients as fresh as possible for best flavor.
- To avoid browning of the apples, toss them in a small amount of lemon juice.
- If you prefer a warm wrap, you can turn your Turkey Apple Brie Wrap into a panini. Place the assembled wrap on a panini press or use a skillet with another heavy-bottom skillet to press the wrap and brown or crisp the bread.
- Use a crusty, sturdy bread like ciabatta or challah to hold all the ingredients together without becoming soggy.
- Toast buns by placing buttered, if possible for better flavor, split buns on baking sheet on broil until golden brown.
- Assemble the wrap right before consuming it to avoid a soggy texture.
- Toasting the bread or wrap locks in all the flavors and adds a nice crunch.
- Cutting your sandwich diagonally not only makes it easier to hold and eat, but also showcases the beautiful layers inside.
Do you have questions about Chicken Apple Brie Sandwich? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about it.
To make a vegetarian version of the turkey apple brie wrap, simply replace the turkey with your favorite plant-based protein, such as grilled tofu or tempeh. Alternatively, you could add more fruits, vegetables, or even avocado to enhance the flavors and texture.
To make a vegetarian version of the Turkey Apple Brie Wrap, you can replace deli turkey with a plant-based alternative or simply skip the meat and add more vegetables like cucumber or bell peppers for extra crunch.
While you can enjoy this wrap cold, heating it in a panini press or a microwave for a few seconds can make the brie slightly melty and enhance the overall taste. Be cautious as overheating may cause the wrap to become soggy
Toasting the bread and using a panini press can add a nice, crispy texture to your sandwich Yes, you can easily turn this sandwich into a panini by using a panini press or grilling the sandwich on a stovetop or countertop grill, pressing gently with a spatula.
More Sandwich Recipes
Do you like Sandwiches? Here some recipes you may also like to try.
Chicken Apple Brie Sandwich (Turkey Apple Brie Wrap)
Are you ready to get creating folks?? Just remember that you can always print out this recipe if you'd like!
Chicken Apple Brie Sandwich (Turkey Apple Brie Wrap)
- 1 ⅓ cups leftover, cooked, turkey breast or chicken breasts, or rotisserie chicken, sliced ¼-1/3 cup per wrap or sandwich
- ¾ cup brie more or less to taste
- ½ cup red pepper jelly more or less to taste
- 2 apples, sliced, sweet more or less to taste
- 4 buns, split or wraps
- First you have to decide how you are going to get your cooked turkey or chicken. If you are using leftover turkey or chicken, slice it up! Same with a rotisserie chicken, slice that as well. If you are baking your chicken or turkey breast bake it according to package directions. We usually coat the turkey or chicken breast in butter and sprinkle Mrs. Dash or another seasoning blend on top of it. Bake your chicken breasts on 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, depending on their size. For turkey breast(s) preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Coat your turkey breasts in butter and sprinkle with any seasoning blend you prefer. After 10 minutes reduce the oven temperature to 350 and bake for about another hour. Check to make sure your turkey breast is 165 degrees at its thickest point. It is hard to give a specific time because turkey breast sizes vary so much. Your meat thermometer is definitely your friend!
- Once your turkey or chicken meat is cooked and sliced you are ready to make your sandwiches! At your workstation split your buns and decide if you want to toast them. If you do turn your oven on to broil and place your split buns on a rimmed baking sheet. Place under the broiler for a few minutes, until brown. Make sure all of your ingredients are out and ready to go.
- Place buns at your work station and add brie cheese.
- Add sliced turkey or chicken.
- Add your apple slices.
- Place some red pepper jelly on each sandwich.
- Close the sandwich up with the top half. Eat immediately and enjoy!
- Smear some red pepper jelly on the center of your tortilla.
- Add chicken or turkey slices.
- Add slices of brie cheese.
- Add sliced apples.
- Tuck in sides and roll up tortilla just like a burrito.
- Slice and half and serve. Enjoy every bite!