This Easy Ritzy Parmesan Chicken is delicious. If you like Ranch or Caesar salad dressing, parmesan cheese and Ritz crackers, this chicken dish is for you. You can marinate the chicken or not, that is also up to you! Both quick and easy this is a recipe you will make over and over again!
I always have caesar salad dressing in the house, and ranch too for that matter. I have used ranch dressing in this recipe too but tend to prefer the caesar salad dressing with the cheese crackers and parmesan cheese. Such a delicious combination! Really!As some of you might know we eat a lot of chicken in this house and you can never have enough recipes! I am always trying new things and we have been making this recipe for a very, very, long time. My son loves Ritz crackers and was the one that originally named this dish Easy Ritzy Parmesan Chicken and the name stuck!I have to mention that the coating on this Easy Ritzy Parmesan Chicken is so good I wish I could eat a bowl of it all to myself. No chicken, just the coating! I wouldn’t, I just wish I could! Isn’t that terrible?
This recipe is so easy to prepare and perfect for a busy weeknight. I used to throw the chicken in a bag with the dressing to sit in the fridge all day and come home, prepare the coating, and throw it in the oven. While the Easy Ritzy Parmesan Chicken was baking I would get everything else ready and by the time the chicken was cooked, dinner was served!
Ingredients for Easy Ritzy Parmesan Chicken
- chicken breasts
- ranch or caesar salad dressing
- parmesan cheese
- Ritz crackers
How to make Easy Ritzy Parmesan Chicken
Combine Caesar or Ranch salad dressing, minced garlic and ½ cup of the parmesan cheese into a resealable bag. Adjust until blended.
Place chicken breasts inside the bag, be sure they are covered in the mixture and remove as much air as possible.
Place the bag into the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.
Combine crushed Ritz crackers, basil and Parmesan, into a resealable bag or onto a plate. Mix as best you can.
Remove chicken breasts from dressing and coat in cracker mixture.
Just in case this Easy Ritzy Parmesan Chicken dish isn’t for you I have listed some others below you just might want to have a look at. Hopefully you will enjoy them as much as we do!
We just had to make a video to show you just how simple this Easy Ritzy Parmesan Chicken is to make!
Easy Ritzy Parmesan Chicken Video
Easy Ritzy Parmesan Chicken
- rimmed baking sheet
- 4 - 6 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 2 cups caesar salad dressing or ranch dressing
- ¼ cup garlic, minced
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 2 tblsp basil, dried, ground
- 2 ½ cups ritz crackers, crushed or 1 box (approximately)
- Combine Ranch or Caesar salad dressing, minced garlic and ½ cup of the parmesan cheese into a resealable bag. Adjust until blended.
- Place chicken breasts inside the bag, be sure they are covered in the mixture and remove as much air as possible. Place the bag into the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.
- When ready to bake, prepare a foil lined baking sheet, lightly coated with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine crushed Ritz crackers, basil and Parmesan, into a resealable bag or onto a plate. Mix as best you can.
- Remove chicken breasts from dressing and coat in cracker mixture. Bake in oven for between 40-50 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken breasts. Enjoy!