Ultimate Stuffed Pizza Chicken is chicken breast stuffed with pepperoni and cheese, covered in sauce with more cheese and pepperoni! Make your own pizza chicken with all of your favorite pizza toppings!
Ingredients for Ultimate Stuffed Pizza Chicken
- chicken breasts
- shredded mozzarella
- pasta sauce
How to make the Ultimate Pizza Chicken
Ultimate Stuffed Pizza Chicken
- 4 chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 40 slices pepperoni sliced - (at least 10per breast)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded - (to taste)
- 1-2 cups pasta sauce tomato based - (any store bought variety or homemade)
- Place chicken breasts flat on your cutting board. With your knife angled downward toward the cutting board, cut a lengthwise slit in each chicken breast, creating a sort of pocket. Stuff each piece of chicken with at least 5 slices of pepperoni. Put the pepperoni slices on the bottom part of the pocket and mozzarella cheese on top. The idea is to position the chicken breast so the opening and the cheese are facing upward otherwise the cheese will likely melt away from the chicken.
- Bake chicken breasts for 25 minutes at 350°.
- Remove chicken from oven. Brush or spoon sauce to cover each breast, then top with cheese and lastly the pepperoni slices. Place back in the oven for 15 minutes. Next, leave the chicken in the oven and turn your oven up to broil. Broil for about 5 minutes or until the cheese and pepperoni start to turn brown. Serve and enjoy!