This Cheesy Salsa Baked Chicken recipe has only 4 ingredients and the dish is super yummy! It is one of my fast and fabulous meals! So delicious, this recipe is definitely worth a shot!
Cheesy Salsa Baked Chicken is a perfect choice for a weeknight dinner. I always have a can of condensed cheddar cheese soup and salsa in my cupboard and I'm never without shredded cheese! Whenever I'm in a pinch, this is my go-to recipe. It always comes in handy!
We eat a lot of chicken in my house and this Cheesy Salsa Baked Chicken has been a long- standing favorite because it's so easy to make. No matter how tired I am, I never tire of making it.
In his younger days, my son was always eager to help me make meals. With this particular dish, he used to love combining the cheddar cheese soup and salsa together with a whisk while I got everything else ready. I used to tell him it was a very important job and that we were a team. Maybe that's why he likes to cook to this day. Who knows?
To find some mouthwatering dinner ideas, check out our delicious Easy Baked Dinner Recipes.
Ingredients in Cheesy Salsa Baked Chicken
- chicken breasts
- condensed cheddar cheese soup
- shredded cheese
- taco seasoning
- cooking spray
How to make Cheesy Salsa Baked Chicken
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 13x9 inch baking pan, covered in tinfoil, coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
Coat all sides of the chicken breasts with taco seasoning. Place the chicken breasts on to the baking pan.
In a medium sized bowl combine cheddar cheese soup and salsa. Pour and spread over the top of each chicken breast. Cover with tinfoil.
Place into the oven and bake for 55-60 minutes or until juices run clear.
Turn oven up to broil.
Remove tinfoil and sprinkle cheese on each chicken breast.
Put back in the oven for about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and brown.
Remove from the oven and serve with rice or whatever you desire!
Spoon pan juices on top of your rice.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Just in case this chicken dish isn't for you I have listed some others below you just might want to have a look at. You can never have too many chicken recipes. Hopefully you will enjoy them as much as we do!
Other Chicken Dinners to Try
For the record, you can use your favorite salsa or even add some hot sauce to the mixture before you pour it all over the chicken, my son always does to this day.
My husband and I can't handle as much heat at all in our food anymore which is another reason getting older is terrible in some ways! Regardless, I urge you to taste it before you cover the chicken breasts. You will be glad you did.
Easy Mexican Inspired Recipes
Cheesy Salsa Baked Chicken Video
Cheesy Salsa Baked Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 jar (15 ½ oz) salsa
- 1 can (10 ¾ oz) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup cheese, shredded, Mexican blend, more or less to taste
- 3 tblsp Taco seasoning homemade blend or 1 package
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with tinfoil and coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Coat all sides of the chicken breasts with Taco seasoning. Place the chicken breasts in baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheddar cheese soup and salsa. Pour and spread over the top of each chicken breast. Cover with tinfoil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 55-60 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove from oven. Set oven to broil. Take off tinfoil and sprinkle cheese on each chicken breast. Put back in the oven for about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and browned. Remove from the oven and serve with rice or whatever you desire! Spoon pan juices on top of the rice. Serve immediately. Enjoy!