Granny’s Easy Zucchini Casserole was a recipe she relied on to use up zucchini, carrots and other veggies from her garden. Seasoned just right, with a generous helping of cheese, this casserole is pure perfection!
I miss my grandmother all of the time. There are days when I just have to make something that reminds me of her. Granny’s Easy Zucchini Casserole was one of the ways she used up all of the vegetables my grandfather grew!
She used to throw in zucchini, carrot and whatever else she needed or felt like using! I remember the carrots and zucchini mainly! She never used much cheese when she made it. I always use just a little more. I can’t help myself!
Granny’s Easy Zucchini Casserole is pretty simple to make. Slicing the vegetables is what takes up all of your time! Depending how you slice or shred them all up this dish can be ready in minutes! With the help of some sort of food processor or kitchen gadget of course! You just stir, spray your pan, dump and bake! It doesn’t get easier than that!
Ingredients for Granny’s Easy Zucchini Casserole
- parmesan cheese
- parsley flakes
- garlic powder
- biscuit mix
How to make Granny’s Easy Zucchini Casserole
Prepare a 13×9 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl combine eggs, onion, parmesan cheese, oil, parsley flakes, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder.
Stir with a whisk until blended.
Add biscuit mix, carrots and zucchini.
Stir gently until zucchini is evenly coated.
Dump into your prepared pan.
If you are like me and always looking for more delicious ways to serve zucchini here are a few of our favorites if you have a moment to take a look!
Granny’s Easy Zucchini Casserole Video
I had to make this recipe for my grandma’s zucchini casserole into a video! Have a look so you can see just how simple it is to make! Then you will just have to try it for yourself!
Granny’s Easy Zucchini Casserole
- 13 x 9 inch cake pan
- 4 large eggs beaten
- ½ cup onion diced
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated or shredded
- ½ cup oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 3 ½ cups zucchini with peel, thinly-sliced
- ¾ cup carrot, shredded or match stick
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, onion, Parmesan cheese, oil, parsley flakes, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Stir with a whisk until blended.
- Add biscuit mix, carrots and zucchini.
- Stir gently until zucchini is evenly coated.
- Dump into your prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes and lightly browned. Enjoy!