Cooking frozen Texas toast in the air fryer is easy, and it comes out perfectly every time. Crispy and golden on the edges and soft in the middle, they’re so good, with or without cheese.
I love Texas toast made in the air fryer with a meal, especially when it’s as easy as this recipe. You can’t beat simple and delicious!
Air Fryer Frozen Texas Toast
This was inspired by my air fryer frozen corn dogs recipe. I figured if I could make them in the air fryer, then Texas toast would be no problem. It pairs well with this delicious fried spaghetti recipe to make a complete meal.
It doesn’t get easier than this, folks. It only takes ONE ingredient to make this recipe. OK two if you count cooking spray!
- Frozen Texas toast, with or without cheese
- cooking spray
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
How to Cook Texas Toast in Air Fryer
Continuing with the theme, it only takes one step to make this Texas toast.
Step 1: Air Fry the Texas Toast
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees, lightly spray the basket with nonstick spray, and air fry for 7 minutes.
Hint: Always preheat the air fryer to ensure proper cooking.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this air fryer frozen Texas toast.
- Any Brand – Use your favorite brand of frozen Texas toast for this recipe.
Want to personalize this recipe for Texas toast in the air fryer? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Cheesy – Sprinkle the tops of the toast with mozzarella cheese, or your favorite variety.
- Spicy – Add a dash of cayenne to the toast before cooking.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy air fryer garlic bread.
It only takes one piece of equipment to make this recipe.
- Air fryer.
Store this toast in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
It doesn’t get much easier than this recipe, but even easy recipes have some tips. I have them here.
- Always preheat your air fryer for proper cooking.
- Never defrost your toast before cooking it.
- Always spray your air fryer basket so nothing sticks.
More Toast Recipes
Do you like toast? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about frozen Texas toast in the air fryer? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about air fryer frozen Texas toast.
You can store this toast in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Heat it in a pan over medium heat until heated through.
Almost anything! Beef, chicken, and pork dishes are all great with it.
Frozen Texas Toast in the Air Fryer
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Texas Toast in the Air Fryer
- 1 box Frozen Texas Toast any brand, with or without cheese
- cooking spray
- more cheese sliced or shredded, your favorite variety
- Once you make your first batch you'll have the exact timing needed for your air fryer.
- We used frozen New York Bakery Texas toast but any brand will work and work well.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Add the Texas toast in a single layer. Multiple batches may be necessary depending how many pieces you need or want to prepare.
- For each batch, Cook for 6 minutes. Flip and add an additional minute or two for crispier bread. I always do.
- Remove from Air Fryer.
- Serve immediately.
- Place cheese covered Texas toast inside air fryer and cook for 6 to 9 minutes at 350 degrees. Check at 6 minutes for cheese to be melted, golden brown and bread is heated through. If not, adjust positioning if possible, cook for two more minutes and check again. If cooking one piece you will need to reduce timing by a minute or two.
- Remove from air fryer. Serve hot and enjoy every bite!