Bacon Avocado Toast is the perfect way to start your day. This easy recipe is simple to make but is also flavorful and just what you need to start the day off on the right foot.
Are you tired of the same old options for breakfast every week? This recipe can help you breathe some new life until your first meal of the day.
Avocado Toast with bacon and egg.
If you are looking for an easy but filling breakfast idea, let me tell you this homemade toast is just what you are looking for. I love breakfast and I'm always looking for a filling meal that can help me stay full through the day. This protein-filled bacon avocado breakfast recipe is just what I craved. You won't regret making this recipe.
You only need these eight ingredients to help you make this easy and filling bacon avocado breakfast recipe.
- lemon juice
- lime juice
- salt and pepper
- bacon bits
- sriracha - optional
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make avocado toast with bacon and egg.
You only have to follow these three easy and simple steps to have a delicious avocado toast and bacon recipe you will enjoy.
Step 1: Prep the avocado
Slice avocado down the middle to open. Spoon out all of the avocado from both shells into a small mixing bowl. Mix in lemon juice, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Taste and adjust ingredients if desired.
Step 2: Poach the egg
Boil 6 cups of water. Once boiling, crack both eggs open, and gently drop them into boiling water. Boil each egg for exactly 3.5 minutes. When time is up, gently remove each egg with a slotted spoon and place it on a paper towel to dry.
Step 3: Make the toast
Spread your avocado mixture evenly over both slices of bread. Don't forget to toast it first! Sprinkle the bacon bits over top. Place one egg on each slice of toast. Drizzle sriracha over each slice of toast and serve immediately.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this bacon avocado toast.
- Bacon - Don't have bacon on hand? Use ham or proscuitto instead.
- Bread - use gluten free bread instead of white bread to make this gluten free
- Eggs - A fried egg is a great swap for a poached egg.
Want to personalize this avocado bacon toast recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy - add extra srirachi to your toast for a spicy kick. Don't like spice? Leave it off.
- Seasoning - everything but the bagel seasoning will taste great on this for a seasoning.
- Pico - add pico to the top of your toast for a Mexican flavor.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this air fryer grilled cheese with avocado and bacon recipe.
You only need a couple of kitchen tools to help you make this savory breakfast recipe.
- small bowl with fork
This recipe is better eaten right away. However, you can store these ingredients separately in the fridge for up two days.
- Add a litte vinegar to the water to prevent the eggs from seperating to much.
- If you don't like poached eggs use a fried egg or scrambled eggs instead.
More Breakfast Recipes
Do you like breakfast recipes? Here are some recipes you may also like to try
Do you have questions about Bacon Avocado Toast? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
You can use any type of bread that you enjoy. I like whole-wheat or white bread.
Yes! You certainly can double this recipe with no problem at all. I do recommend only poaching two eggs at a time so they don't burn.
Find an avocado that has a slight give to it. Not overly soft, but also not hard.
Bacon Avocado Toast Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Bacon Avocado Toast
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 2 tsps lime juice
- Salt & pepper
- 6 large eggs
- ½-1 cup cooked bacon bits
- 6 slices bread toasted
- Sriracha for garnishing
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Slice avocado down the middle to open. Spoon out all of the avocado from both shells into a small mixing bowl.
- Mix in lemon juice, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix well. Taste and adjust ingredients if desired.
- Boil 6 cups of water. Once boiling, crack both eggs open, and gently drop into boiling water. Boil each egg for exactly 3.5 minutes. When time is up, gently remove each egg with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to dry.
- Spread your avocado mixture evenly over slices of bread.
- Sprinkle the bacon bits overtop.
- Place one egg on each slice of toast.
- Serve immediately.
- With sriracha drizzled on top of each slice, if desired.
- Every bite!
- To keep your egg yolks from separating too much, add white vinegar to your boiling water before adding eggs.