This fried spaghetti recipe is light and flavorful. Loaded with fresh ingredients and a rich, but not too heavy sauce, this recipe is winner when you want a great pasta dish that won't weigh you down.
I love pasta dishes, but sometimes, I don't want a super heavy sauce. That's why I decided to whip up this recipe that has a sauce that's just right.
Fried Spaghetti Recipe
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this incredibly easy recipe.
- Spaghetti noodles
- Italian sausage
- Chopped yellow onion
- Olive oil
- Salted butter
- Cracked black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Heavy cream
- Minced garlic
- Parmesan chees block
- White cheddar cheese block
- Fresh basil
- Drained fire roasted diced tomatoes
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
Making this spaghetti dish is just as easy as gathering up the ingredients!
Step 1: Cook the Spaghetti
Cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package directions for al dente. Then, drain and set them aside.
Step 2: Comine Eggs and Heavy Cream
Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, and minced garlic together, then pour the mixture into the noodles.
Step 3: Cook the Sausage and Onions
Remove the casing from the Italian sausage and cut it into small pieces. Then, heat a wok over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add the sausage and onions and cook for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Add Spaghetti Noodles
Add butter to the pan with the sausage and onions. Once the butter is melted, add the spaghetti and stir.
Step 5: Cook the Spaghetti Mixture
Season the spaghetti with cracked pepper and red pepper flakes and cook for 3 minutes. Then, add the diced tomatoes, cover with a lid, and cook for 5 minutes.
Step 6: Add Cheese and Finish the Dish
Shred the parmesan and cheddar cheeses over the spaghetti and toss them to combine. Then, stir in the chopped basil. Replace the lid, turn off the heat, and let the wok rest on the stove for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped basil and enjoy!
Hint: Always shred your own cheese whenever possible to avoid additives.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this fried spaghetti recipe.
- Bottle Mince Garlic - If you don't have fresh garlic, use minced garlic from the spice aisle.
- Minced Onions - You can use minced onions from the spice aisle in place of chopped onions.
- Half and Half - If you don't have heavy cream, you can use half and half.
Want to personalize this fried spaghetti recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Mild - Omit the red pepper flakes for a mild version of this recipe.
- Extra Spicy - Use spicy Italian sausage for even more heat and kick.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this summer alfredo pasta recipe. Also, the meat and pasta recipes found on that list are some of the best out there(if I do say so myself) and they're definitely worth checking out!
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze this dish in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Fried Spaghetti Tips
Although this is a simple recipe, I have a couple of tips here to make it even easier.
- Always shred your own cheese whenever possible. Pre-packaged shredded cheese is loaded with additives.
- Cut the sausage into chunks with a knife rather than pulling it apart with your fingers to avoid a big mess.
Do you have questions about fried spaghetti? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this fried spaghetti recipe.
It will last for about 4 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Place it in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bags.
Simply place it in a microwave-safe container, cover it, and microwave at 1-minute intervals until heated through.
Fried Spaghetti Video
More Pasta Recipes
Do you like pasta? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
- large skillet or wok
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 5 Italian sausages
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 oz parmesan block
- 2 oz white cheddar cheese block
- 3 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes drained
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti noodles and cook Al dente (12 minutes) drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs , heavy cream, and minced garlic.
- Pour into the spaghetti noodles and stir.
- Remove the sausage from the casing and cut into small pieces.
- Heat a wok over medium high heat. Once hot, pour in the olive oil.
- Add the sausage.
- and onions. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the butter.
- Stir until butter is melted.
- Once the butter is melted, add the spaghetti noodles to the wok.
- Stir to coat. Season with fresh cracked pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook for 3 minutes,
- Then stir in the diced tomatoes.
- Cover with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Shred the parmesan and cheddar atop the spaghetti and toss to combine.
- Stir in the chopped basil and replace the lid. Turn off the heat and let rest on the stove for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped basil and cheese and enjoy!
- Enjoy every bite.