This easy, summer alfredo pasta recipe is rich and buttery with a delicious garlic punch and no shortage of parmesan cheese. It’s a simple dish that has so many possibilities.
There’s nothing better than simple pasta dishes. I can cook them up fast, and they’re so easy to tweak for making even more dishes.
Summer Alfredo Pasta Recipe
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this delicious recipe. You’ll have most if not all of them in your kitchen already!
- Minced garlic
- heavy cream
- Garlic salt to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fettuccini pasta
- Minced parsley
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
Making this recipe is just as simple as gathering up the ingredients for it.
Step 1: Make the Pasta
Add olive oil and garlic salt to a large pot of boiling water. Cook the fettuccini according to the package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Step 2: Cook the Garlic with Butter
Add butter to a large, heavy-bottomed skillet and melt it over medium-low heat. Then, add the minced garlic and cook for about a minute, stirring continuously, until golden brown.
Step 3: Add Heavy Cream
Add the heavy cream to the butter and garlic and simmer for 3 minutes. Then sprinkle with garlic salt and remove it from the heat.
Step 4: Put it all Together
Put the pasta in a large serving bowl and pour the alfredo sauce over it. Add the parmesan cheese and toss until well blended. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Hint: Keeping the heat on medium-low will ensure the garlic doesn’t burn.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this summer alfredo pasta recipe.
- Whole Milk – If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use whole milk.
- Noodles – If you don’t have fettuccini, you can use any of your favorite noodles.
Want to personalize this summer alfredo pasta recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy – Add a dash of chili flakes for a spicy kick.
- Meat – Add pan-sauteed chicken or pork.
- Flour – Add a bit of flour to the butter to make a thin roux, making the sauce a bit thicker.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this loaded awesome pasta alfredo.
You don’t need much more than a pan to make this recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
Store this pasta in an air-tight container for 3 to 5 days.
This recipe is so easy, I only have 2 tips to share.
- Keep the heat on medium-low to avoid burning the garlic.
- Don’t cook the garlic past golden brown. It will become bitter.
More Pasta Recipes
Do you like pasta? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about summer alfredo pasta? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about the summer alfredo pasta recipe.
It will keep well for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Just pop it in the microwave, cover it, and heat it at 1-minute intervals until hot.
Absolutely! That’s the fun of it. Try adding some fresh grape tomatoes, chicken, or pork.
Summer Alfredo Pasta
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Summer Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- large skillet
- large saucepan
- ½ cup Butter 1 Stick of Butter
- 2 teaspoons Garlic minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Garlic Salt – to taste
- 1 cup Parmesan fresh grated
- 1 box (12 oz) Fettuccini noodles or equivalent
- Parsley finely minced
- Fill a large pot with water, and add a little olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic salt. Bring the water to a boil, and add the Fettuccini. Follow package directions to cook Pasta AL Dente. When the Pasta is done cooking (usually 9 – 11 minutes) pour into a colander, and drain.
- In a large heavy bottom skillet, add the stick of Butter, and melt. Keep heat on medium low. Add the Minced Garlic, and cook about1 minute, stirring constantly, just until garlic begins to turn golden brown.
- Add the Heavy Cream, stir, and simmer for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with Garlic Salt, and remove from heat. Place the Pasta in a large serving bowl, and pour the hot Alfredo Sauce over the Pasta in the serving bowl.
- Add the Parmesan Cheese, and toss the sauce and cheese with the Pasta, until blended.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings
- Sprinkle with finely minced parsley.
- Enjoy every bite!