Cheesy Onion Ranch Chicken is is filled with all of the crunchy flavors I love! Ranch, crispy fried onions, cheese and more!
My son’s favorite food is chicken tenders. He used to love them anyway he could get them. The first time he ate these Cheesy Onion Ranch Chicken, he was hooked. They are now his absolute favorite.
Sometimes chicken breasts or tenders can be bland. This recipe solves that problem! I don’t know about your teenagers, but my boy could live off chicken tenders alone. The first time I made these for him I knew I had a winner!
There are several layers of flavor in this Cheesy Onion Ranch Chicken recipe. I think that’s why it is so darn good.
If I made the chicken with any of these tasty ingredients by themselves the chicken would probably be great too! This has so much goodness that it really can’t be beat. What is it about ranch dressing that makes it taste so good?
The first layer of flavor is a ranch dressing or ranch dressing packet. The next layer is crispy fried onions. I could eat a container of those by themselves!
Next comes the Parmesan cheese. In my opinion cheese makes everything better. Right?
The last component is corn flakes. They add a great crunch!
It adds that crunch that I miss when eating baked chicken instead of fried. The best part to me is you dip the chicken in melted butter, and then dredge it in all that flavor.
When you add all of that goodness together, how can it not taste amazing?? If you ask my son, he would say it does!
Ingredients in Cheesy Onion Ranch Chicken
- chicken breasts
- corn flakes
- crispy fried onions
- parmesan cheese
- ranch dressing mix
- cooking spray
How to make Cheesy Onion Ranch Chicken
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare a rimmed baking sheet, covered in tinfoil, lightly coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
Combine corn flakes, crispy fried onions, cheese, and ranch mix together in a bowl and dump on to a plate. Set aside
Melt butter in a bowl. We usually use the microwave to do this.
Dip chicken in melted butter then coat in crumb mixture.
Place coated chicken on your prepared pan.
Bake uncovered for between 40 and 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked and juices run clear.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Just in case this chicken dish isn’t for you I have listed some others below you just might want to have a look at. You can never have too many chicken recipes and I have accumulated a lot of them over the years. Hopefully you will enjoy them as much as we do!
Other Chicken Recipes to Try
Cheesy Onion Ranch Chicken Video
Cheesy Onion Ranch Chicken
- rimmed baking sheet
- 4-6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1 cup crispy fried onions
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup butter, melted or 1 stick
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing mix or 1 package
- cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet, covered in tinfoil, lightly coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine corn flakes, crispy fried onions, cheese, and ranch mix together in a bowl and dump on to a plate. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a bowl. We usually use the microwave to do this.
- Dip chicken in melted butter then coat in crumb mixture.
- Place coated chicken on your prepared pan.
- Bake uncovered for between 40 and 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked and juices run clear.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!