My buddy Tyler is here cooking with me today. He is quickly becoming a professional baster, and loved making this chicken. He has been basting chicken all day and still wants to baste chicken for a living. Seven is a fantastic age. He gave this Cheesy Sweet Ranch Chicken a thumbs up. I asked him what that meant and he said “it’s a lot better then a thumbs down, they will know what I mean.” I thought this chicken recipe does deserve a thumbs up. It requires only a few ingredients and is so tasty, with or without the cheese! You will give it a thumbs up too.
If you are feeding hungry kiddos, this might be the recipe for you! This Cheesy Sweet Ranch Chicken was given two thumbs up from my seven year old buddy, Tyler! The chicken is packed with flavor, but not too much. Just the right balance for the entire family.
If you are looking for some other chicken breast ideas I have listed a bunch below. Hopefully you will find some other recipes that you are interested in trying as well! You never know!
We used boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this Cheesy Sweet Ranch Chicken dish. We used spices and flavors that are very kid friendly.
The key to this dish is the basting that occurs every 15 minutes or so. That keeps the chicken from drying out, and NO one wants that!We love the flavor of the sauce so much that we save ½ of it to dip each bite in as we eat!
Let me know if this dish was kid approved at your house.
Cheesy Sweet Ranch Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- ⅔ cup ranch dressing
- ⅓ cup yellow mustard
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup cheese, shredded
- ½ cup french's fried onions
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl combine ranch dressing, mustard and brown sugar.
- Pour roughly ½ cup sauce into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil and cooking spray.
- Baste chicken with remaining sauce.
- Put chicken in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, baste, sprinkle chicken with French's fried onions and then shredded cheese, if using.
- Return to oven for the last 15 minutes.
- You might want to broil for a few minutes to brown the cheese.
- Serve with reserved sauce as a dip if desired. Enjoy!