What to serve with Bruschetta doesn’t have to be complicated, though deciding on the topping or toppings you want to offer will help you better know what to serve. It is best to find something to go with the flavors or balance out the acidity.
We've rounded up some delicious options to create a bunch of appetizers that work well with Bruschetta. With so many ideas of toppings and various appetizer companions, this is one dish that you may never tire of.
There are so many types of bruschetta too...so be creative and let your kitchen skills send others to the moon and back!
What is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is an Italian antipasto, with the main component being slices of toasted rustic bread seasoned with high-quality olive oil, garlic, and salt. The bread for bruschetta is traditionally thicker and has larger pieces grilled for extra flavor.
Bruschetta can be served warm or cold. Traditionally it is served hot off the grill. The topping is spooned over the freshly toasted bread and served immediately.
How To Prepare Bruschetta
Bruschetta is the perfect appetizer to make you feel like a chef without having fancy culinary skills. Before deciding what to serve with Bruschetta, it is best to choose what toppings you will offer your guests.
Here are ten different bruschetta topping ideas:
- Tomato and Basil: A classic combination of diced tomatoes, fresh basil, and a drizzle of olive oil on top of toasted bread.
- Balsamic Glazed Mushrooms: Sautéed mushrooms with balsamic vinegar and garlic, topped with grated parmesan cheese.
- Roasted Red Pepper and Feta: Red peppers, crumbled feta cheese, and chopped fresh parsley on top of toasted bread.
- Goat Cheese and Honey: Creamy goat cheese and sweet honey drizzled on toasted bread.
- Prosciutto and Melon: Thinly sliced prosciutto and diced melon (such as cantaloupe or honeydew) on top of toasted bread.
- Artichoke and Olive Tapenade: A mixture of marinated artichokes, olives, capers, garlic, and olive oil, spooned on toasted bread.
- Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese: Thinly sliced smoked salmon and cream cheese, topped with chopped fresh dill or chives on top of toasted bread.
- Avocado and Cherry Tomato: Diced avocado and cherry tomatoes, with a squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of salt on top of toasted bread.
- Grilled Eggplant and Ricotta: Grilled eggplant slices and creamy ricotta cheese, topped with a sprinkle of smoked paprika or chili flakes on top of toasted bread.
- Pesto and Mozzarella: Fresh basil pesto and sliced fresh mozzarella cheese, topped with a drizzle of balsamic glaze on top of toasted bread.
What to Serve with Bruschetta
If you are wondering what to serve with bruschetta, many options depend on your taste preferences:
- Mixed Greens Salad: A simple salad of mixed greens, dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, makes a refreshing and light accompaniment to bruschetta.
- Grilled Vegetables: Grilled vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, and onions complement the flavors of bruschetta and add a touch of smokiness.
- Antipasto Platter: An assortment of cured meats, cheeses, olives, and marinated vegetables can be served alongside bruschetta for a more substantial meal.
- Soup: A bowl of soup such as tomato, minestrone, or vegetable soup can be a cozy and comforting side to bruschetta during cooler weather.
- Roasted Potatoes: Roasted garlic and herbs are a satisfying side dish that pairs well with bruschetta.
- Charcuterie Board: A charcuterie board with cured meats, cheeses, nuts, and fruits is an easy and delicious way to round out a bruschetta meal.
- Garlic Bread: Garlic bread is a classic side dish that complements the flavors of bruschetta and adds more bread to the table for dipping.
- Pasta Salad: A light pasta salad with cherry tomatoes, olives, and fresh herbs can be a great side to bruschetta during the warmer months.
- Bruschetta Bar: Set up a DIY bruschetta bar with various toppings and let your guests make Bruschetta based on their taste preferences.
- Wine: A glass of wine, such as a crisp white or light-bodied red, is a great way to round out a meal featuring bruschetta.
Here are more options on different toppings and other sides to serve with Bruschetta:
Bruschetta is a versatile and delicious appetizer that can be enjoyed in many ways. Whether you stick with the classic tomato and basil topping or get creative with new flavor combinations, there are plenty of options for what to serve alongside your bruschetta.
From salads to charcuterie boards, the possibilities are endless. The next time you're making bruschetta, don't be afraid to experiment with different pairings and see what works best for you.