This delicious cream cheese veggie dip is perfect for veggies, chips, pita chips, pretzels, and more. It's full of creamy, delicious flavors that make it the perfect cracker, chip, or vegetable dip.
I think I have been making this cream cheese dip for crackers for almost thirty years. I thought about updating it but then I figure why? It's perfect just as it is.
This recipe calls for a few ingredients, but they're all very simple. In fact, you probably have almost all of them in your refrigerator right this second.
- Softened cream cheese
- Dark corn syrup
- Onion flakes
- Lemon juice
- Dry mustard
- Celery seed
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
It only takes a few simple steps to make this delicious dip. You'll be in and out of the kitchen in no time flat!
Step 1: Prep
Take out your cream cheese to soften and measure out your ingredients.
Step 2: Blend Cream Cheese
In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, syrup, and sugar together until smooth.
Step 3: Add the Oil
Add the oil and blend well.
Step 4: Add the Remaining Ingredients
Add vinegar, onion, lemon juice, dry mustard, celery seed, salt, and paprika, beating until well blended.
Step 5: Chill
Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Hint: To achieve the best texture, be sure you blend your dip extremely well after each addition.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this vegetable dip.
- Light Corn Syrup - If you don't have dark corn syrup, you can use light corn syrup.
- Onion Powder - Flakes are preferred but if you don't have them, poweder will work.
Want to personalize this cream cheese veggie dip recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy - Add red pepper flakes for a kick of heat.
- Dried Minced Garlic - Try adding minced garlic to this recipe for even more flavor.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this cream cheese fruit dip.
You'll only need a few simple kitchen necessities to make this dish.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
This dip will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or up to 2 months in the freezer.
This recipe is incredibly simple, but there are some things to remember that will take it from good to great. Be sure to read over these simple tips before you start making the dip.
- Fully soften your cream cheese to ensure the best texture and flavor.
- Be sure you blend well after each addition so the flavors can fully incorporate.
- Allow the dip to chill for at least two hours to allow the flavors to meld.
More Cream Cheese Recipes
Do you like cream cheese? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about vegetable dip? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this cream cheese veggie dip.
It will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator or up to 2 months in the freezer.
Allow it to chill completely in the refrigerator, then place it in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
Simply leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
No. If you only have light corn syrup, it will work just as well. The color of the dip will change slightly, however.
You can use any vegetable you like, along with crackers, pita chips, potato chips, tortilla chips, pretzels, and anything else that strikes your fancy.
Cream Cheese Veggie Dip
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Cream Cheese Veggie Dip
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl beat cream cheese, syrup and sugar together until smooth.
- Add oil and blend some more.
- Add vinegar and lemon juice.
- Beat until blended.
- Add onion, dry mustard, celery seed, salt, and paprika.
- Beat until well blended. Refrigerate for at least an hour, if not two, before serving.
- Serve with vegetables and crackers.
- Enjoy every bite!