Best Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Muffins are moist, full of flavor, with or without cream cheese and chocolate chips, topped with praline pecans.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Every fall pumpkin spice comes to life in such a variety of products and edibles, it’s astounding! If you’ve never been a fan of muffins but adore the rich flavor of pumpkin spice, perhaps this recipe for Best Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Muffins can convince you otherwise.
My son requests these so much, it’s like asking a DJ to play a popular song over and over again. Given that Patrick is on his own for the most part, I don’t make these delightful treats often as they would keep calling my name. Like mother, like son.
His love for them is totally understandable because once you take that first bite, there’s no telling when it will end. Although that’s a slight exaggeration, it drives the point home. They’re that good.
Throw in a handful of chocolate chips and stuff them with cream cheese filling and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are born. Truly a muffins dream come true.
Easy Pumpkin Muffins
Crowning these easy pumpkin muffins with praline pecan and cinnamon sugar toppings is not a requirement, but they boost the flavors to what already is delicious muffin to start with.
Going the extra mile to make these toppings has huge payoffs and the evidence rests squarely on the faces you feed them to.
Like many people, my husband eats the tops of muffins first and I always eat the bottom because I believe in saving the best for last! Pretty sure I’m not alone in thinking this way. I’d be curious to know if you’re a bottom muffin starter or a top one. Drop me a line and let me know.
Whether eaten first or last, these pumpkin streusel muffins are simply to die for!
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Pumpkin pie spice is an American spice blend most commonly used (surprise, surprise) to make pumpkin pie. Luckily this wonderful spice mixture can be enjoyed in so many different desserts.
And desserts like this amazing pumpkin spice muffin recipe is a prime example.
What’s in Pumpkin Pie Spice
What may be shocking to some, there is no pumpkin in pumpkin pie spice. Pumpkin spice or pumpkin pie spice is a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and, more often than not, allspice. Some blends originated in southeast Asian islands known as spice islands that are now parts of Indonesia. Through the course of history, pumpkin pie spice made its way to Europe and America. I’m grateful for that.
This warm spice blend is unlike anything else and makes the most incredible pumpkin muffins!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
If pecan and cinnamon toppings are the crowning achievements, then cream cheese is the heart of these warm pumpkin cream cheese muffins. Although not a requirement, cream cheese gives these muffins substance and richness like no other.
Stuffing the cream cheese filling near the top is what I love to do last because that’s what I eat last. Placing the filling lower into the muffin batter is another great option and is just as enjoyable!
Or bring out the kid in you and swirl that cream cheese inside the batter. The choice is yours.
Try these pumpkin muffins with cream cheese filling and you’ll settle for nothing less.
Best Pumpkin Muffins
If you’re on the hunt for the very best pumpkin muffins, this recipe is definitely for you! Moist and delicious doesn’t even begin to cut it.
Take a few extra minutes to create a decadent muffin by including chocolate chips, cream cheese stuffing, topped with praline and cinnamon icing.
Place them on the table and watch them disappear in the blink of an eye. I’ve witnessed this many times with family and social gatherings.
Pretty perfect muffins all round in my view. Tell me what your thoughts are as your comments matter to me. It gives us a chance to learn from each other.
This fall recipe is so popular, I get asked for it constantly. So instead of writing or photocopying it, I provide the link and life just got a whole lot easier. Okay, somewhat easier.
Easy Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
The arrival of fall gives us a chance to show off our baking skills and why not start with this easy pumpkin muffin recipe?
Fall is also the season for fresh, crisp apples. Get the most out of them by making these fabulous Apple Pie Muffins. Even though they scream fall to me, I make them all year round because when they’re that good, it doesn’t matter what season you make them.
My grandparents owned a farm and had several apple trees on the land. I get all misty eyed thinking about the fun my sister and I had picking them for grandma. Although this isn’t her muffin recipe, she had to think of creative ways of using them up because there was an abundance of them. Corn, tomatoes and other vegetables were plentiful when in season too.
The stories I could tell about grandma and her fruits and vegetables is for another time and place.
Those good old days of growing your own is a luxury not all of us can afford given time constraints, space and modern living. That’s not a complaint as I’m thankful for the conveniences in my life.
And the fact I get to share these pumpkin recipes and other desserts with you is also a privilege.
Ingredients in the Best Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Muffins
- corn syrup
- brown sugar
- cream cheese
- icing or powdered sugar
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking powder
- pumpkin puree
How to make the Best Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Muffins
In a small bowl mix sugars and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, combine pecans, sugars and salt in bowl. Add corn syrup and vanilla. Using a spoon or your fingers, stir until blended. Set aside.
With a handheld or stand mixer, blend cream cheese, icing or powdered sugar and vanilla together. Set aside. You will be adding about 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture to each muffin shortly. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare a 12 hole muffin tin with cooking spray and a light dusting of flour. This will yield 12 muffins. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt until blended together. In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin, melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Gradually stir flour mixture into pumpkin concoction until just combined. Do not overmix.
Grab muffin pan and fill each of the cups up about half way.
Using a soup spoon, press a hole down into the batter, large enough to hold approximately 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture. Next, add this mixture to the hole of each muffin.
Now add the leftover batter to each muffin and ensure the cream cheese mixture is totally covered.
These muffins should be filled to the edge of each muffin hole. Using your fingers, cover each muffin top completely with the pecan topping. Make sure to use it all.
Sprinkle top of the pecan mixture with cinnamon sugar. Usually I have some leftover cinnamon sugar and was going to post this recipe for half the amount but my friends told me they use most of it. So, the decision is left up to you.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs attached; about 35 minutes. Remember to rotate your muffin pan halfway through baking if you have hot spots like I do.
Allow muffins to cool in the pan, on wire rack for about 10 minutes. Then remove muffins from the pan and transfer to a wire rack for about 5 more minutes if you can wait that long!
Other Sweet Treats to Try
Producing a video on how to make my favorite stuffed pumpkin muffins was exciting to say the least! Showing can be better than the written word, so take a moment and see just how easy this recipe is.
Best Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Muffins Video
Best Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Muffins
- muffin pan
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons corn syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup icing or powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, canned, unsweetened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING
- In a small bowl combine sugars and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together pecans, sugars, and salt. Add corn syrup and vanilla. Stir, using a spoon or your fingers, until blended. Set aside.
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, blend cream cheese, icing or powdered sugar and vanilla together. Set aside. You will be adding about 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture to each muffin shortly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 12 hole muffin with cooking spray and a light dusting of flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt until blended together. In a separate bowl, combine canned pumpkin, melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Gradually stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Grab muffin pan and fill each of the cups about half way.
- Using a soup spoon, press a hole down into the batter, large enough to hold approximately 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture. Next, add cream cheese mixture to each hole inside each muffin.
- Now add leftover batter to each muffin and make sure the cream cheese mixture is totally covered.
- Muffins should be filled to the edge of each muffin hole. Using your fingers, cover each muffin top completely with the pecan topping. Make sure to use it all.
- Sprinkle the top of the pecan mixture with cinnamon sugar. Sometimes not all of the cinnamon sugar gets used. So I was going to post this recipe with half of the amount but my friends told me they use most or all of it and so I leave that decision up to you!
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs attached; about 35 minutes. Remember to rotate muffin pan halfway through baking if you have hot spots like I do.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan on wire rack for about 10 minutes. Then remove muffins from the pan and put them on a wire rack for about 5 more minutes if you can stand to wait that long! Enjoy!
pumpkin spice muffin recipe
pumpkin streusel muffins
pumpkin muffins with cream cheese filling