Easy Glazed Pumpkin Donuts are the perfect sweet snack or dessert for fall! Super simple to prepare, bake and glaze, this recipe is a definite keeper!
I have been sort of nervous to try making donuts and I am not sure why really. I think I always figured they were a lot of work or were much more difficult than they ended up being.
My close friend Julie just showed up with two donut pans, some cake mixes and just told me to get to it. I thought she was crazy to think donuts would be that easy but as usual she was right!
At least now I know I can make them all the time, or whenever I want, with little or no hassle. This pumpkin theme donut turned out so good I had to get it up on the blog and here it is, Easy Glazed Pumpkin Donuts.
Ingredients in Easy Glazed Pumpkin Donuts
- box of spice cake mix
- canned pumpkin
- pumpkin pie spice
- icing or powdered sugar
- canned pumpkin
- pumpkin pie spice
How to make Baked Pumpkin Donuts
In a large mixing bowl, ideally using a handheld or stand mixer, combine spice cake mix, oil, water, eggs, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Blending this batter is so much easier and faster with a mixer and I highly recommend using one.
Pour and scrape dough into a piping bag or a large resealable bag.
Piping bags are easier to use but a large resealable will work just fine.
If using a large resealable bag press all of the batter into one corner, twist plastic to hold batter at that end and cut the tip off.
Squeeze or pipe batter into your donut pan in a circular motion until about half full. You don’t want to fill these up and have the excess batter run over the sides.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the donut will come out clean.
Remove pan from oven and allow donuts to cool in pan for 5 minutes and then dump donuts on top of a wire rack to cool.
In a small bowl, combine icing or powdered sugar, milk, canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until smooth. If you prefer a thinner glaze use an extra 1 tablespoon of milk and if you prefer thicker, just leave the recipe as it is.
Once donuts are cooled, dip donuts in glaze, allow excess glaze to drip off and place on a wire rack to dry for 5 to 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
Overall a good time snack if you are looking for something comforting and satisfying. These Easy Glazed Pumpkin Donuts will be a definite hit, for any occasion!
I think the are perfect with a cup of coffee or tea, just like in a donut shop, only better because everything was made, right in my own home! I even love the way the house smells while they bake.
Other Delicious Pumpkin Desserts to Try
Our video for these Easy Glazed Pumpkin Donuts is below and I hope you will have a look! I think you will be glad you did!
Easy Glazed Pumpkin Donuts Video
Easy Glazed Pumpkin Donuts
- Donut pan
- piping bag or large resealable bag
- 1 box spice cake mix
- ⅓ cup oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp canned pumpkin
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- In a large mixing bowl, ideally using a handheld or stand mixer, combine spice cake mix, oil, water, eggs, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour and scrape dough into a piping bag or a large resealable bag. If using a large resealable bag press all of the batter into one corner a cut the tip off. Squeeze or pipe batter into your donut pan. Fill each donut space half full so the batter won’t run over the sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes and then finish cooling on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine icing or powdered sugar, milk, canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until smooth.
- Once donuts are cooled, dip donuts in glaze and place on a wire rack to dry for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!