This Simple Seafood Dip is the easiest appetizer to make. Some cans of crab and shrimp and this delicious snack is ready in minutes!
This Simple Seafood Dip is so good! We made this the other night while watching a hockey game and enjoyed every last bite of it!
To be honest, sometimes I skip the peppers or tomatoes, if I don’t have any in the house.
I always keep a couple cans of crab and shrimp in the cupboard and have this delicious snack ready in no time at all! I can’t remember ever having any leftovers!
Simple Seafood Dip is always so yummy! This dip can be served in a prettier dish as long as it is around this size.
You need to make sure that you have a little bit of everything in every scoop!
You also want to serve this dip while it is cool but not right out of the refrigerator. If this dip is too cold the chips always break while I am scooping and that drives me absolutely crazy! I always leave it out for about 15 to 20 minutes before I serve it. Just to avoid this problem.
My son Patrick disagrees and just tells me to buy thicker or stronger chips. I think he is just impatient and can’t wait! Either way you will enjoy it. We always do!
Ingredients in Simple Seafood Dip
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- canned crab meat
- canned cocktail shrimp
- seafood cocktail sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- sweet pepper
- green onions
- corn or tortilla chips for scooping
How to make Simple Seafood Dip
In a medium sized bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, crab and mayonaise.
Using a handheld or stand mixer blend together until totally combined.
Next, grab a 13×9 inch pan and spread cream cheese mixture across the bottom, as evenly as possible.
Sprinkle shrimp over top of the cream cheese mixture, again, as evenly as possible.
Continue with seafood sauce, cheese, peppers, onions and tomatoes. In that order.
Refrigerate until ready to eat! Serve with chips or your favorite crackers for scooping.
Take a peek at our video. At least you will be able to see just how easy this Simple Seafood Dip is to make.
Simple Seafood Dip Video
Simple Seafood Dip
- 13 x 9 inch cake pan
- 1 brick 8oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonaise
- 2 can crab meat, drained
- 3 cans small cocktail sized shrimp
- 1 ⅓ cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½-1 large large pepper, chopped or diced
- 3 stalks green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped or diced
- 1 large bag corn or tortilla chips or crackers for scooping
- Get out and measure all of your ingredients.
- In a medium sized bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, crab and mayonaise.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer blend together until totally combined.
- Next, grab a 13x9 inch pan and spread cream cheese mixture across the bottom, as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle shrimp over top of the cream cheese mixture, again, as evenly as possible.
- Continue with seafood sauce.
- Add cheese.
- Add peppers.
- Onions and then tomatoes. In that order.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat!
- Serve with chips or your favorite crackers for scooping. Enjoy!