These crispy cheesy bruschetta bites are an easy cocktail party Italian bread appetizer that everyone is going to love. Bruschetta with cheese is full of fresh juicy tomatoes, mozzarella cheeses, and more! All you need are a few simple ingredients and a few minutes to fix them up! makes this delicious party food perfect for an easy snack
Bruschetta with Cheese
Years ago I was introduced to these cheese bruschetta bites and I have been making them ever since. They're a perfect snack while watching a sporting event or as the start to a wonderful, food filled evening!
I hate it when you have company over and you spend all of your time in the kitchen. This cocktail party bread appetizer solves this problem! They're even easy to partially make ahead!
Bruschetta with cheese was inspired by our Easy Tomato Bruschetta. You can use it instead of store-bought to make cheesy bruschetta. I promise you homemade is incredible.
Ingredients for Bruschetta with Mozzarella
This recipe is super simple and just about everything you can pick up at your local grocery store. I promise, if you are a tomato fan this recipe MUST be on your bucket list.
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Tomato bruschetta
- Black pepper
- Crusty bread or baguette
See the recipe card for the quantities of each ingredient.
How to Make Cheese Bruschetta
Just a few simple steps are all it takes to make bruschetta bites with cheese! Perfect for any level cook.
Step 1: Mix
Combine the bruschetta, cheeses, mayo and black pepper in a bowl.
Step 2: Make the Toasts
First, prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Then slice the baguette into ¾ inch slices and lay them out on the tray.
Step 3: Assemble and Bake
Top the bread slices with the tomato mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes
Hint: Use a sharp bread knife to easily slice the bread into perfect-sized toasts.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this cheese bruschetta recipe.
- Bread: Swap the bread for your favorite crackers. Just drastically reduce your cooking time!
- Cheese: Most cheeses will work when making this easy appetizer. Swap in a Monterey Jack or Colby Jack, cheddar, or an Italian or Mexican blend of cheese.
- Mayo: Looking for a healthy alternative? Swap the mayo for Greek yogurt.
Want to personalize this bruschetta with cheese recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy: Add some chili pepper flakes to the tomato mixture along with all the other ingredients.
- Egg-free (no mayo): Swap it for your favorite egg-free mayo or just eliminate it completely! The tomato bruschetta with cheese has so much flavor you won't miss it.
- Gluten-free: Swap out the bread for zucchini slices instead!
- Balsamic flavor: Drizzle a bit of balsamic glaze over the top just before serving!
If you love recipes with these flavors, you may also enjoy our braided pizza bread.
Leftovers: If you have them cheese bruschetta can be stored in an airtight container for up to five days in the refrigerator.
Reheat: Place them on a parchment-lined baking tray and cook for 5 minutes or until heated and the bottoms of the bread crisp up.
What To Serve With Crispy Cheesy Bruschetta Bites
When thinking of what to serve with bruschetta, it's not that hard. In fact, you need look no further than this list that I've created for you. Many tasty options you'll find here and I'm sure the dish of your dreams will be there!
Here are some top tips to make sure you have excellent results when making this recipe.
- If possible, make your own bruschetta. It's simple and requires only a few ingredients but tastes way better than a jar sold in the stores.
- Drain any excess juice or oil from the bruschetta when mixing everything together to avoid making the mixture overly wet.
- Serve warm or hot when possible but cheese bruschetta tastes great even at room temperature.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about bruschetta!
Bruschetta is a type of Italian bread that's made by toasting bread rubbed with olive oil and cloves of garlic and seasoned with salt and pepper. Typically it's topped with a mixture of fresh chopped tomatoes mixed with olive oil, garlic, and fresh basil and/or oregano.
Most bruschetta should be served warm for the best flavor but it still tastes amazing even when cold. We recommend serving these cheesy bruschettas warm.
If you're looking for a low-carb or gluten-free option, I recommend choosing eggplant or zucchini slices as the perfect way to serve up bruschetta. Brush the tops with a bit of olive oil before adding your mixture and cooking just until slightly tender. You can also opt for crackers instead of bread.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
Do you enjoy entertaining? Here are some more of our favorite snack recipes you may also like to make for friends and family!
Crispy Cheesy Bruschetta Bites Video
I had to make a video so you can see just how simple these bites are to make! Please take a moment and have a look below!
Cheesy Bruschetta Bites
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Crispy Cheesy Bruschetta Bites
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Place the tomato bruschetta in a bowl.
- Add the cheeses, mayonnaise and pepper.
- Mix it all up.
- Slice baguette into ¾ inch slices.
- Prepare rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place bread slices and top with Bruschetta mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!