Crispy parmesan bacon bites are an easy snack or appetizer to prepare! The cheesy parmesan mixture includes garlic, onions, seasoning, and as much or as little bacon as you desire! Every bite is so tasty, you really have to try it to believe it!
These crispy parmesan toasts with bacon are one of my favorite appetizers and perfect for any time of year!
We have enjoyed these while watching a sporting event and served them for a variety of family occasions! I am warning you that these treats are so addictive!
Serve up bacon bites for parties along with mushrooms appetizer toasts, chicken salad snack wraps, and spinach and artichoke dip. If you enjoy the flavor of cheese and bacon, I definitely think you will love skillet mac and cheese with bacon.
Planning an event or party? Discover 75 delicious appetizer recipes to serve!
Crispy Parmesan Toasts
These crispy parmesan toasts with bacon take very little time to prepare and are always a crowd-pleaser! You can include as much or as little bacon as your heart desires!
I usually add as much bacon as will comfortably fit on top of each slice and my husband Ken only puts a few pieces on top! It all comes down to personal preference and how many of the bacon pieces you eat while making these wonderful little bites!
These bites are so similar to our Crispy Cheesy Bruschetta Bites with tomatoes and cheese or our Crispy Cheesy Mushroom Bites with a savory mushroom topping. Make all three and serve them up for a bit of variety your guests will love.
Ingredients in Parmesan Toasts with Bacon
This simple appetizer recipe requires only a handful of ingredients that are easy to find at any grocery store.
- Long baguette: any flavor will work.
- Mayonnaise: holds everything together and adds some flavor.
- Parmesan cheese: gives these toasts lots of cheesiness.
- Aromatics: garlic and onion for flavor.
- Bacon: adds smokiness and crunch.
Check the recipe card further down on the page for the full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Crispy Parmesan Bacon Bites
Making a batch of bacon parmesan toasts takes only a few steps and no more than ten minutes to prep up.
Step 1: Cook the Bacon
Dice up the bacon into small pieces and cook over medium heat until crisp. Remove from the pan and let it drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
Step 2: Make the Cheesy Topping
In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, onions, and garlic.
Step 3: Assemble the Toasts
Slice the baguette into one-half or three-quarter inch slices and lay them out on an ungreased rimmed baking sheet.
Top each slice with a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and sprinkle cooked bacon over the top.
Step 4: Bake Parmesan Toasts
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. You can broil for a moment or two for browned tops. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change these crispy bacon bites!
- Cheese: We really like the flavor parmesan adds to the bacon bites but you really make them with any type of cheese or a blend of cheeses. Try cheddar, blue cheese, Monterey jack, or even swiss.
- Onion and garlic: Don't have fresh on hand? That's ok you can swap them out with granulated garlic and onion powder. Use 1 teaspoon of each.
Want to personalize this crispy parmesan toast recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing it up.
- Spicy: Use pepper jack cheese instead of the parmesan for spicy parmesan bacon toasts.
- Vegetarian: Swap out the bacon for diced tomatoes, cooked mushrooms, or even cheese on its own.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy these cheesy bacon potato bites.
You don't need much to make this recipe.
- Baking sheet
- Small bowl
- Paper towels
For best results serve up crispy parmesan bacon bites right away. However, you can store them and reheat them later on with decent results.
- Refrigerator: Store the bacon bites in a single layer inside an airtight container for up to five days.
- Freezer: They can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to one month.
- Reheat: Return the toasts (frozen or thawed) to a baking sheet and bake again at 350 degrees F for 8-15 minutes or until heated through. You can also sprinkle a bit more shredded cheese on top if desired.
This recipe is easy to make but here are a few tips to help them come out perfectly!
- Thick slices: Don't slice the bread too thin, thicker slices hold up the toppings better.
- Drain bacon: Allow the bacon to fully drain on a paper towel after cooking so they don't add greasiness to the toasts.
- Serve immediately: Parmesan toasts with bacon taste better served up hot right away!
Do you have questions about making bacon bites? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions I get about the recipe.
These easy appetizers are really best eaten fresh from the oven. However, you can prep up the topping, cook the bacon, slice the bread in advance and store everything separately. When ready to serve, assemble them and cook in the oven.
I enjoy the flavor of freshly cooked bacon best. I don't recommend using imitation bacon bits as they don't have the same flavor but in a pinch, you can use pre-cooked real bacon.
These are easy appetizers to make for a group. You can prep the individual ingredients up in advance so it's less to do on the day of your event. When ready, assemble and bake them. You can even have them ready to go and bake them as needed so they are always hot when served.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
Crispy Parmesan Bacon Bites Video
Crispy Parmesan Bacon Bites
- plate and paper towel
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Slice baguette into ½-3/4 inch slices.
- Arrange on an ungreased rimmed baking sheet.
- Cook chopped bacon until crisp. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- In a small bowl combine mayonaise, parmesan cheese, onions and garlic.
- Stir until combined.
- Cover each slice with a heaping tablespoon of the mixture.
- Sprinkle tops with cooked bacon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Broil for a moment or two if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
- Every bite!
I had to trash the mayo and substitute sour cream and it was
Karin and Ken
Thank you for the suggestion! I'm going to try that myself! I love this amazing snack! Take care and thank you again. Karin
These are so good! Very little prep time. I will make these again and again!
Karin and Ken
So happy to hear it! You made my day! They are terrific and so addictive! If you enjoy this recipe you might like our Crispy Bruschetta (tomato) Bites and Crispy Mushroom Bites too. Might be worth a look! If you try either please let me know what you think of them too. I would love to hear! Regardless thank you for taking the time to let me know. I am grateful. All the best. Karin
Can’t wait to make these again they are delicious!!!!!!
Karin and Ken
You made my day! Can’t thank you enough for taking the time to let me know! I’m glad I’m not the only one who loves these! Take care of you and be well. Karin
Made these yesterday and will be making again Thanks for sharing
Karin and Ken
You are welcome! We make them regularly here. They are so easy to make and so good! Glad you enjoyed them! All the best. Karin
These were a huge hit last night and I should have made more!!!! TY for sharing.
Karin and Ken
As always you are most welcome! I can never make enough here either! I am so happy you enjoyed them! All the best. Karin
These are so tasty I have eaten half of them already.Not sure if I should thank you or not LOL
Karin and Ken
I am so glad you enjoyed them! For what it’s worth I enjoy them too much too! Take care and enjoy the rest of your day! Karin