This copycat Neiman Marcus Million Dollar Dip is loaded with all the flavors we love about this famous dip. This Neiman Marcus cheese dip looks and tastes fancy, but it’s super easy to make.
I’ve loved the iconic dip from Neiman Marcus for as long as I can remember. As a consummate copycatter, I decided to make my own version to satisfy my craving whenever I wanted it, and it’s just as good – maybe even better – than the original.
Neiman Marcus Cheese Dip
This was inspired by my blue cheese ball recipe on this site. I always thought the dip from Neiman Marcus tasted a bit like a fancy cheese ball, and I already knew I could make those. It pairs well with these tasty crackers or these baked pita chips.
You’ll need a few ingredients for this recipe, but they’re all very simple. In fact, you probably have most of them in your kitchen right now.
- Bacon – Cooked crisp and crumbled
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Slivered almonds
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Hot sauce
- Onion powder
- Minced garlic
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
Making this recipe is an incredibly straightforward process. It only takes a few minutes and a few steps.
Step 1: Cook the Bacon
Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess grease.
Allow the bacon to cool and then crumble it up and set it aside.
Step 2: Combine the Other Ingredients
Combine the cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, almonds, green onions, hot sauce, garlic, onion powder, and pepper in a mixing bowl, and mix until thoroughly combined.
Step 3: Add the Bacon
Add the crumbled bacon to the dip and mix well.
Step 4: Chill
Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Hint: 2 hours is the minimum time to chill this dip. The longer it chills, the more the flavors will meld.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this Neiman Marcus cheese dip.
- Scallions – If you don’t have green onions, scallions will work well.
- Garlic Powder – If you don’t have minced garlic, garlic powder will work.
- Minced Onion – If you don’t have onion powder, you can use minced onion.
Want to personalize this copycat Neiman Marcus Million Dollar Dip recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Extra Spicy – For even more heat, add red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
- Mild – If you don’t like heat, leave out the hot sauce.
- Low Fat – Use low fat mayo and cheese for reduced calorie version.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this chipotle lime dip.
You’ll only need a few basic kitchen items to make this dip.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- Plate lined with paper towels
This will keep well in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for 3 to 4 days.
This recipe is a bit more involved than some of my other dips, so I do have some tips for you.
- Get that bacon crispy! That crisp texture really pops in this dip.
- Be sure the excess grease has thoroughly drained off of your bacon before adding it to the dip.
- Always shred your own cheese whenever possible. It’s so much better than bagged.
- The longer you chill this dip, the better it tastes, so consider the 2 hours a bare minimum.
More Cheese Recipes
Do you like cheese? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about Neiman Marcus cheese dip? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about Neiman Marcus Million Dollar Dip.
This dip was created in the 1950s by Helen Corbitt, the Neiman Marcus Director of Food Services.
It will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
No. Mayonnaise doesn’t freeze well. It turns into a watery, gross mess.
Serve it with crackers, tortilla or corn chips, baguettes, naan, or pita bread.
Neiman Marcus Million Dollar Dip
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Copycat Neiman Marcus Million Dollar Dip
- ¾-1 cup bacon crisp and crumbled (Usually 1 pound of chopped bacon equals 1 cup)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- ¾ cup slivered almonds more or less to taste
- 5 stalks green onions sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Using a large skillet, over medium to medium high heat, cook bacon until crisp, between 7 and 10 minutes. Ideally, using a slotted spoon, transfer crisp bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, using a mixing bowl, combine cheddar, mayo, almonds, green onions, hot sauce, garlic, onion powder and pepper.
- Add cooled cooked bacon. Reserve a little to decorate top for serving.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving or up to 2 days, including the day you made it.
- Serve with crackers, tortilla or corn chips, baguette, naan or pita bread. It all tastes great. Enjoy every bite!