Blue Cheese Ball is a tangy mixture of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, blue cheese, green onions, and seasonings. It is the perfect appetizer.
If you’re hosting a party and want a different appetizer from the usual, then this cheese ball recipe with bacon is just the ticket. Perfect for potlucks and parties of any occasion, this cheese ball with bacon is sure to disappear fast. But if you decide to make it for yourself, I will understand. No judgement here!
When I served this bacon blue cheese ball at my last get together, I made sure my good neighbor and trusty taste tester, Renate, was there. She’d tried a few cheese balls in her day, but never one with blue cheese. On more than one occasion, she told me she never liked blue cheese. Said it was too strong. When she sampled my blue cheese bacon ball, she was shocked that she actually liked the taste. The blue cheese wasn’t overwhelming. As a matter of fact, she said it gave added flavor to an already delicious cheese ball. I was glad to hear it, because there’s one thing about Renate – she tells it like she sees and tastes it!
Bacon Cheese Ball
I love cheese and I love bacon! Full stop. What better way to enjoy both at the same time than to make them into a cheese ball? In my opinion, a good cheese ball recipe has to include blue cheese. That’s why this blue cheese ball recipe is so excellent, because it calls for two very tasty cheeses. They’re the best ingredients ever! Plus, I get to eat this delightful cheese ball with my favorite crackers. It doesn’t get much better than that. I hope you enjoy this blue cheese cheese ball as much as I do!
Want to follow this easy cheese ball recipe? All you need are just seven ingredients to make a creamy and bacon-filled appetizer dish that’s just the best!
- cream cheese
- sharp cheddar cheese
- blue cheese
- bacon bits
- green onions
- seasoned salt
- chopped pecans
See the recipe card for quantities.
Three steps is all it takes to make this cheese ball. Making a Blue Cheese Cheese Ball doesn’t get any easier than this.
Step 1: Make the cheese ball
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together (except the bacon bits and
pecans for the outside).
I use a hand mixer so that I know the cream cheese will be smooth and lump-free.
Step 2: Chill the cheese ball
Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Step 3: Top the cheese ball
When ready to serve, roll ball in pecans and bacon bits. Serve with your favorite crackers and you’re ready to go!
Hint: If you’re wondering what to serve a cheese ball on, click This dish to see my favorite cheese ball serving tray.
Don’t have the exact ingredients on hand? Or feel like changing it up? Here are some helpful tips that will change this bacon cheese ball recipe.
- Season All – Out of seasoned salt? Use Season All and add a pinch of salt.
- Green Onions – If you don’t have green onions on hand, chives will work in a pinch and just as well in this recipe.
- Bacon Bits – Don’t have dried bacon bits or don’t care for them? Cook some bacon strips and chop them up fine.
Want to personalize this Blue Cheese Cheese Ball recipe? Here are three variations that will change the taste of this cheese ball.
- Spicy – for a spicy kick, add some red pepper flakes to the cream cheese.
- Worcestershire sauce – one tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce will add flavor.
- Diced Celery – add a ¼ cup of diced celery for some added crunch.
If you loved this cheese ball recipe, you may also want to give this Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball recipe a go.
Only three basic kitchen tools are required to make a bacon blue cheese ball. That means there’s not much to clean up when making this appetizer.
- Mixing bowl
- Serving Bowl
The cheese ball can be stored in the fridge for up to three days.
- For easy mixing, ensure the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- When serving the cheese ball with bacon, make sure it’s at room temperature for easy spreading.
More Appetizer Recipes
If you liked this appetizer recipe, here are three appetizer recipes you may also want to consider:
Do you have questions about making this Blue Cheese Ball? Here are some of the most commonly-asked questions about cheese ball recipes.
The cheese ball can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
No, you can’t freeze a cheese ball. Dairy products don’t freeze well.
Ritz or Town House crackers go really well with this cheese ball. However, you could also serve it with Chicken in Biscuit crackers or even Triscuits. There are many good crackers out there. So, pick your favorite or mix them up and enjoy!
Blue Cheese Ball With Bacon
Ready to get started? Remember, you can always print this recipe if you like.
Blue Cheese Ball With Bacon
- mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- serving bowl
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup blue or bleu cheese crumbled
- ½ cup bacon bits
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
Ingredients for outside
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Pull out and measure your ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar, bleu cheese, bacon bits, green onions and seasoned salt.
- Shape into a smooth ball. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Roll it in pecans and bacon bits.
- Until completely covered.
- Serve with your favorite crackers and enjoy every bite!