Easy Air Fryer Crispy Roasted Little Mini Baby Potatoes recipe creates the best small baby potatoes EVER for breakfast or dinner! Are you ready to learn how to make potatoes in the air fryer? Keep reading!
Whether you call these mini, small, baby or little potatoes, and no matter what, if you're a potato lover I posit it's impossible to be disappointed with these crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, tiny bundles of joy.
Yep. I just referred to these amazing air fried potatoes as bundles of joy. These air fryer baby potatoes are such a delight! Just wait until you try them. As far as little potato recipes go, this one is a definite keeper. You'll make these air fryer roasted potatoes a regular item for dinner, and breakfast too.
Just imagine how wonderful these baby potatoes would be on a plate with an omelet or some bacon and eggs. I think you'll LOVE them like we do.
Congratulations! You have literally just found the easiest and perfect side dish. These air fryer little potatoes can be cooked in 20 minutes, with less than five minutes preparation time. Side dishes don't get better than this. Really.
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
These air fryer baby potatoes are little seasoned salty delights, if you want them to be. My son seasons them with various spice blends you find at your local market. The spices he chooses are much too spicy for me, but he loves heat in all of his food.
Regardless of your spice preference, you can have a lot of fun with cajun seasoning, taco seasoning or even Mrs. Dash. I don't get paid for saying this but we use a variety of Mrs. Dash spice blends regularly and they all taste great and are low in sodium or salt.
I can almost guarantee that you'll be making these air fryer small potatoes a lot. There's just something about exposing potatoes to the air inside the air fryer that creates perfect roasted potatoes.
They're so much healthier than fried baby potatoes and yet have the same satisfying fried taste.
Air fryer mini potatoes are pure genius.
I bet by now you can tell how much I love making and eating these mini potatoes in an air fryer.
Before I had an air fryer I roasted baby potatoes in my oven. I made this Oven Roasted Carrots and Potatoes recipe more times than I can count or remember. The recipe is terrific, so if you don't have an air fryer, or want to try something different, give it a try.
This is one of those recipes that you can make in your sleep, if you know what I mean. The oven method just takes quite a bit longer and is more of a mess. Not using the oven for a side also means I can use my oven for other things.
In my books that's a WIN. WIN. WIN.
My husband believes I'm getting more efficient and he's correct—because I've changed the cooking method! Making little potatoes in the air fryer is just one way of doing it!
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
My husband insisted I mention how AMAZING this recipe is for breakfast. We make baby potatoes in our air fryer regularly, and as a result our weekend breakfasts go splendidly I have to tell you.
You see, there are days, especially on weekends, when Ken and I will sit down for a homemade breakfast just for two. It's so much easier now that my son is older and out of the house, even though now that I think of it he is here a lot.
Back to our weekend breakfasts. Sometimes I end up with flowers or breakfast in bed and sometimes he ends up with breakfast in bed. It's a wonderful way to start the day!
That being said, more often than not, we simply prepare breakfast and sit down to enjoy the meal together. We both love our weekend breakfasts and have them as often as we can.
For those of you who follow this blog you know how much our family appreciates potatoes at any time of day, and breakfast or brunch is no exception.
Other Great Potato Recipes
Unfortunately, both of those recipes take a little more time and effort than this incredibly easy air fryer baby potatoes recipe. Making crispy or crunchy breakfast potatoes in the air fryer could not be easier.
True, we use this Air Fryer Crispy Roasted Little Mini Potatoes recipe for dinner time too. I just can't believe how much more frequently we make this recipe to go with breakfast instead.
Up until recently, I never thought that all this would even be a possibility. I hadn't even heard of an air fryer before. But now, making air fryer baby potatoes is here to stay in my kitchen!
Can You Bake a Potato in an Air Fryer?
You bet you can. Cooking yukon gold, russet potatoes or sweet potatoes could not be easier or taste better.
In a 6.5 quart air fryer, using your air fryer basket, place four whole, average sized (6 to 8 oz. each) yukon gold, russet potatoes or sweet potatoes. Pierce them several times with a fork and cook for 35 to 40 minutes at 390 degrees.
You're looking at the exact same general temperature and timing for those potatoes. Works every time.
We used to coat regular sized potatoes with some oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper before putting them inside the air fryer. Now I no longer feel the need, since my husband didn't notice a difference when the oil wasn't used.
We skip this step with regular potatoes and still end up with the most crispy outside skin and soft inside flesh.
I can almost taste one right now.
If you're not making whole, average sized regular or sweet potatoes, all you need are your potatoes, oil, salt, pepper and any other seasonings you would like to include.
That is it.
Baked Potato Topping Ideas
We ALWAYS have some of our bacon butter inside our freezer just in case the need arises! That being said, garlic butter is always a great choice too.
These are super easy to make at home with some softened butter. Anything from garlic powder to minced fresh garlic works beautifully. The added bonus is you can control how garlicky it is.
Have a look at your local market and check out all of the different flavors they offer for sale. You might find some other terrific ideas on how to dress your ideal potato at home too!
- butter, flavored or not
- ranch dressing
- sour cream, flavored sour cream or regular
- bacon pieces
- chives or green onions
- hot sauce or sriracha
- salt and pepper
How to Make Potato Wedges in an Air Fryer
My husband insists I tell you how to make these delicious wedges too, so here we go!
If making one-inch wedges inside my air fryer, I prepare three medium-sized potatoes. Then I add them to a bowl and toss them in a little oil until lightly coated.
Then I sprinkle them with salt, pepper and cajun seasoning, or whatever spice blend I grab.
Set the air fryer to 390 degrees, place wedges inside the basket, set the timer for 12 minutes.
At that point, remove the basket and adjust potatoes. Place the basket back inside the air fryer for another 10 to 15 minutes. I always check at the 10-minute mark.
Keep checking until done to your liking. These wedges are perfect as a snack for dipping or side to any meal. We call these our french fries!
What's Needed to Cook Baby Potatoes in Air Fryer
- baby, mini or little potatoes
- olive oil or another vegetable oil
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning (Cajun seasoning works well too)
- crushed red pepper chili flakes
How to Make Small Potatoes in Air Fryer
- Wash and dry baby potatoes with a paper towel. I cut them in half (or bite sized) so they're easier to eat
- In a large bowl, add and toss the potatoes until lightly coated in oil. Sprinkle on garlic powder, Italian seasoning, red chili flakes, salt, pepper, and continue to toss until seasoning is distributed as evenly as possible
- Transfer potatoes to air fryer basket, spread into an even layer and set the air fryer to 400 degrees for 10 minutes
- Remove air fryer basket and toss potatoes until adjusted
- Set timer for another 8 or 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and crispy. I will check at the eight-minute mark just to see how the potatoes look. If necessary, I put the potatoes back in for two to four more minutes. Unfortunately, the exact cooking time will vary depending on the size of the baby potatoes
- Remove the roasted baby potatoes from the air fryer basket and serve hot
The Butter Option
My friend also melts a few tablespoons of salted butter in her microwave. She believes that these air fryer mini potatoes need butter!
She places the finished, air fried, mini potatoes into a large bowl, right out of the air fryer, and tosses the finished potatoes with the melted butter.
Sometimes she sprinkles them with pepper and a little salt if she uses unsalted butter. Boy oh boy are these potatoes a treat and definitely worth a try!
In some cases butter makes everything better! 😉 In this case the butter is a treat and I promised her I'd share it with you.
Air Fryer Crispy Roasted Little Mini Baby Potatoes Video
Air Fryer Crispy Roasted Little Mini Baby Potatoes
- Wash and dry baby potatoes with paper towel. If the potatoes are medium sized, cut into half. Get out and measure all of your ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix potatoes with spices such as garlic powder, Italian seasoning, red chili flakes, salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
- Toss them to coat evenly.
- Transfer the potatoes to air fryer basket and fry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, toss to adjust the potatoes. Place basket back inside your air fryer.
- Set timer for another 8 or 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and crispy. I will check at 8 minutes just to see how the potatoes look. If necessary I put the potatoes back in for 2 to 4 more minutes. Unfortunately the exact cooking time will vary depending on the size of the baby potatoes.
- Remove the roasted baby potatoes from air fryer basket and serve hot.
- Serve with your favorite main course or with a dipping sauce. Enjoy every bite!
The Butter Option
- My friend also melts a few tablespoons of salted butter in her microwave. She places the finished potatoes, into a large bowl, right out of the air fryer, and tosses the finished potatoes with the butter. Sometimes she sprinkles them with pepper and a little salt if she used unsalted butter. Boy oh boy are these potatoes a treat and definitely worth a try!In some cases butter makes everything better! 😉 In this case the butter is a treat and I promised her I'd share it with you.