This buttermilk ranch dip will have everyone coming back for more. This creamy ranch dip is loaded with chives, dill, and all of our favorite ranch ingredients along with a kick of heat with cayenne pepper.
I love ranch dip. It’s so good on everything from veggies to chips. Rather than buying it all the time, I decided to make my own homemade ranch dip, and it’s been a hit with everyone!
Creamy Ranch Dip
It only takes a few basic ingredients to make this delicious dip. These are all kitchen staples, so chances are you won’t even have to go shopping.
- Fresh or dried minced chives
- Fresh or dried minced cilantro
- Fresh or dried minced dill
- White vinegar
- Minced garlic
- Pepper or cayenne pepper
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
Making this dip is just as simple as the ingredient list. The only work involved is mincing and mixing, and if you use dried herbs, you won’t have to touch a knife at all!
Step 1: Prep
Measure out all of your ingredients. If you’re using fresh herbs, mince them.
Step 2: Mix
In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth using a fork or whisk.
Step 3: Chill
Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour and serve.
Hint: I prefer to use a whisk for mixing the ingredients.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this creamy ranch dip.
- Extra Flavorful – I love to double the dill and add even more garlic to this recipe.
- Pre-Packaged Herbs – To save time, buy dried versions of the herbs.
Want to personalize this buttermilk ranch dip recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Extra Spicy – Add some red pepper flakes for even more heat.
- Sour Cream – Reduce the mayonnaise by half and add either sour cream or Greek yogurt for a slightly different flavor.
- Remove the Cilantro – If you’re one of the people out there who thinks cilantro tastes like soap, just leave it out.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this quick blue cheese dip.
It takes almost no equipment to make this dip. You’ll need less than a handful of items.
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons and cups
This dip will last for about 5 days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
More Ranch Recipes
Do you like ranch flavor? Here are some recipes you may also like to try
Do you have questions about creamy ranch dip? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about buttermilk ranch dip
This dip will last in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
You can, but you shouldn’t. The texture and flavor will both change after it’s frozen and defrosted.
Ranch dip is great with all kinds of vegetables, chips, and pita chips!
Buttermilk Ranch Dip
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Buttermilk Ranch Dip
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh chives minced or 1 ½ teaspoons dried
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh cilantro minced or 1 ½ teaspoons dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill minced or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper or cayenne pepper
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- In a medium-sized bowl add buttermilk and mayo.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Using a whisk, blend ingredients until smooth
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Enjoy every bite.