We love potatoes around here. Cheesy Baked Bacon Ranch Little Potatoes are awesome. How could they not be? Ranch dressing, garlic, bacon and lots of cheese. A perfect combination. With or without the bacon. Yummy!
This potato casserole is so easy to make and the results are always delicious! I love recipes with minimal preparation time. If you use bacon that is already cooked you will save yourself so much time! I always try to make my own bacon but in a pinch the pre-made bacon will work just fine! You also can just skip the bacon all together!
You have the option of using as much cheese as you want. I believe this recipe for Cheesy Baked Bacon Ranch Little Potatoes uses enough but you can always add more. To be honest I sometimes do on top. I always figure the cheesier the better! Isn’t that terrible?
Also, if you are not a fan of ranch dressing you have the option of switching too your favorite flavor. In a pinch I have used caesar, barbecue ranch, peppercorn ranch and the list goes on! Our personal favorite is ranch and I would love to hear which dressing you used and what you thought of it!
If you have a moment, please take a look at our video below. I hope you enjoy watching it as much as you do eating it!
Cheesy Baked Bacon Ranch Little Potatoes
- 2 pkgs little potatoes or potatoes cut in small chunks - or 3 pounds
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing -
- 1 - 2 tblsp garlic, minced to taste
- 3 tblsp dried onion flakes -
- 1/2 cup bacon, canadian bacon, cooked, chopped optional
- 1 - 2 cups cheese, shredded to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded optional
- 2 green onion. thinly sliced
- cooking spray
- Cut potatoes into 1 1/2 inch chunks or use mini/little potatoes. Boil a pot of salted water and add potatoes. Cook for 10-13 minutes, depending on the type and size of your potatoes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a 13x9 pan with cooking spray. Set aside. If using, chop and cook bacon according to package directions. Drain on paper towel and set aside. The potatoes should be almost cooked. Drain. Measure the ranch dressing in a measuring cup and add garlic and onion flakes. Stir to combine. Set aside. Dump potatoes back in the pot and pour ranch dressing over the potatoes and gently combine to coat evenly. Pour potato mixture into prepared pan and bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, until biggest potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Remove pan from oven and set oven temperature to broil. Sprinkle the cooked bacon pieces and then cheeses all over the top of the potatoes. Return the pan to the oven and broil for a few minutes, until cheese is melted and starts to brown. Enjoy!