These air fryer parmesan crusted potatoes are loaded with a classic blend of spices, grated parmesan cheese, and air fried to golden brown, melty perfection.
Potatoes are such an easy side dish and can be prepared in so many different ways, and they're perfect with almost any dish you can think of. From seafood to beef and everything in between, potatoes just work.
I got the idea to make these delicious crispy potatoes from my parmesan baked potato halves and our air fryer garlic parmesan potato recipe. Both of those recipes are so delicious on their own that I thought I should try combining those concepts into one air-fried parmesan potato recipe, and it's the perfect side dish.
Why You'll Love Air Fryer Parmesan Potatoes
- Classic spices make these potatoes pop with all the flavors we love in roasted potatoes.
- Parmesan cheese gives these potatoes an extra layer of earthy flavor.
- It only takes a handful of ingredients to make them.
It only takes a handful of ingredients to make this simple dish. You'll find the ones that aren't already in your kitchen at your local grocery store.
- Baby gold potatoes are the perfect type of potatoes for this delicious recipe.
- Classic spices like fresh rosemary, garlic powder, and paprika make the classic roasted potato flavor.
- Parmesan cheese adds an earthy, complex flavor to these potatoes.
The full ingredient list with quantities is in the recipe card at the end of the post.
How to Make Air Fryer Parmesan Potatoes
This is an incredibly easy dish that even beginners can make. You'll find the full instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post, but for now, let's hit the highlights with some simple steps.
1. Wash, dry, and cut the potatoes in half and place them in a large bowl.
2. Melt the butter and combine it with the spices. Coat the potatoes with the melted butter mixture.
3. Top the potatoes with parmesan cheese and lay them in a single layer if possible. If not, put them in the air fryer basket and toss them every few minutes to ensure they cook evenly.
Substitutions and Variations
- Potatoes: Use russet or red potatoes for this recipe. Just cut them to the approximate size of the baby golds.
- Olive Oil: If you prefer, you can use olive oil in place of butter for coating the potatoes.
- Spicy: Add a bit of cayenne powder or red pepper flakes to the spice mix for a kick of heat.
- Other Spices: Italian seasoning, basil, parsley, and onion powder also work well.
- Garlic: For the best results, use garlic powder instead of minced garlic.
- Bake: If you don't have an air fryer or want to use your oven, you can bake these potatoes on a large baking sheet instead.
- Deep fry: To get that classic crispy flavor, you can use a deep fryer instead of an air fryer.
If you like recipes like these air fryer parmesan-crusted potatoes, then you'll love these air fryer baby potatoes.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Parmesan Potatoes
Baked chicken thighs and these delicious green beans are the perfect complements to the flavors of these potatoes. Of course, there are so many great recipes that pair well with these versatile potatoes. Serve these air fryer garlic parmesan potatoes with a main course like:
- Honey Garlic Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
- Lemon Pepper Pork Chops
- Salisbury Steak with Onion Gravy
- Instant Pot Shrimp
- Poached Lobster Tail
Refrigerator: Store leftover potatoes in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Freezer: Store these in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag for up to 6 months.
Reheat: Spread your potatoes out in an even layer on a sheet and cover them with foil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
Tips for Air Fryer Parmesan Potatoes
- Preheat your air fryer. It's a complete myth that air fryers don't need preheating.
- Keep your potatoes in a bowl of water while you cut them in half to keep them from browning.
Baby Yukon Gold potatoes have the best ratio of starch to create perfect roasted potatoes. Tied for first are russet potatoes.
Usually, yes, but the amount of time these parmesan crusted potatoes are air-fried does away with that.
These crispy parmesan potatoes keep for about 4 days in the refrigerator or up to 6 months in the freezer.
More Potato Recipes You'll Love
Air Fryer Parmesan Potatoes
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Then cut each of the potatoes in half.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, melt the butter with the rosemary, garlic powder, paprika, and oregano.
- Dump the potatoes into the melted butter mixture until they are all evenly coated in the butter and spices.
- Fill an air fryer basket with the potatoes. Make sure that the flat surface is facing up.
- Top of the potatoes with a generous helping of parmesan cheese and cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy!
• These potatoes have a crunchy outer layer with a soft interior.
• Other spices that taste great with these potatoes include basil, parsley, and onion powder.
• You can store these potatoes in an airtight container for up to seven days.
• Typically, you would need to boil potatoes in order to soften up the inside, but because these potatoes air fry for 20 minutes, it is not necessary. The inside will be nice and soft when you take them out of the air fryer.