This lemon pepper pork chops recipe is easy to make and loaded with the delicious flavors of lemon, pepper, mustard, and a kick of heat from red pepper flakes.
The only thing that pairs with as many flavors as chicken is pork. I love making all kinds of pork chops, from BBQ to Asian-inspired. One of my favorite recipes is this one that features lemon, pepper, and more tasty flavors.
Lemon Pepper Pork Chops Recipe
This recipe only uses simple ingredients to create delicious flavors. You’ll find everything you need at your local grocery store.
- Boneless pork chops – thick cut
- Dijon mustard
- Lemon – juiced
- Lemon – sliced
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Minced garlic
- Red pepper flakes
Making these pork chops is a very simple affair. It only takes a few steps.
Step 1: Prep
Bring the pork chops to room temperature for even cooking. Then, brush mustard on the pork chops and season them on both side with lemon pepper and garlic salt.
Step 2: Cook the Pork Chops
Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat and juice a lemon into the butter. Then, add the pork chops and top each one with minced garlic and a lemon slice. Cook for 4 minutes.
Move the lemon slices from the pork chops to the center of the pan, then flip the pork chops. Season with a pinch of red pepper flakes and cook for 4 more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
Step 3: Serve
Transfer the pork chops to a cutting board and let them rest for 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy.
Hint: Remove the chops at an internal temperature of 140 degrees. Carry-over cooking will bring them to 145 degrees while they rest.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this lemon pepper pork chops recipe.
- Real Lemon Juice – If you don’t have a lemon, use a tablespoon of Real Lemon juice.
- Any Mustard – Dijon is my mustard of choice for this recipe, but any mustard will do.
Want to personalize this lemon pepper pork chops recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Mild – Omit the red pepper flakes for a mild recipe.
- Sliced Onions – Add sliced onions to the pan while searing the pork chops for more flavor.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy these sweet glazed pork chops.
You’ll only need a few pieces of kitchen essentials to make this recipe.
- Measuring spoons
- Skillet or pan
- Cutting board
Store these chops in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
Although this is a simple recipe, I do have some tips to help you make it as tasty as it can possibly be.
- Don’t overcook your pork chops. Once they reach the correct internal temperature, remove them from the pan so they stay juicy.
- Always let your pork chops rest so they can fully cook and all those juices stay inside them.
Do you have questions about lemon pepper pork chops? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this lemon pepper pork chops recipe.
The optimal internal temperature for pork chops is 145 degrees. However, removing them
Place them in a baking dish with a little water. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
Sure. Place them in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag for up to 3 months.
More Pork Chop Recipes
Do you like pork chops? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
- Slow Cooker Chinese Barbecued Pork Chops
- Mom’s Easy Pan Fried Pork Chops and Tomato Gravy
- Slow Cooker Creamy Sweet Pork Chops
Lemon Pepper Pork Chops
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Lemon Pepper Pork Chops
- Cast Iron or Nonstick skillet
- 3 Boneless Pork chops thick cut, 1.5”
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1 Lemon sliced
- ½ tablespoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Allow pork to come to room temp before cooking. (About 20 minutes) this assures an even cook and tender/ juicy flavor.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Brush mustard over the pork chops.
- Then season both sides with lemon pepper and garlic salt.
- Add butter to the pan.
- Once melted, juice the lemon into the butter.
- Add pork to the pan. Top each with minced garlic and a lemon slice. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove the lemon slices and place them into the center of the pan when ready to flip. Flip the pork chops and season with a pinch of red pepper flakes. Cook for 4 more minutes.
- Cooking times may vary depending on exact thickness of the meat. Check internal temp has reached 140 degrees before removing pork. Remember pork will continue to rise in temperature as it rests to 145 degrees.
- Remove and place onto a wooden cutting board to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy every bite!