This Slow Cooker Ham and Rice Casserole is loaded with cheesy goodness. Not only is this slow cooker recipe easy to make but it's also hearty and comforting.
If you are looking for an easy-to-make dinner to change up your meal plan, here is a great recipe that your entire family is going to enjoy. This cheesy rice and ham casserole is always a hit with the kids.
Ham and rice casserole with condensed soup
Some days I wake up and I just crave easy comfort food. Today was no different. So, I took a peek into the cabinets to see what I could make. I whipped up this easy Slow Cooker Ham and Rice Casserole and it was so creamy and delicious. I paired this recipe with these easy air fryer green beans.
To make this all in one meal you only need ten ingredients. Most of these ingredients are pantry staples you may not even need to make a trip to the grocery store.
- cream of chicken soup
- sour cream
- black pepper
- uncooked basmati rice
- cubed ham
- cheddar cheese
- french fried onions
See the recipe card for quantities.
To make this easy and creamy casserole you only need to follow these four simple steps. Then you will have a hearty and comforting meal.
Step 1: Mix your ingredients
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Then, in a large mixing bowl, add cream of chicken soup, mayo, sour cream, minced garlic, pepper, and rice. Stir and add to the slow cooker.
Step 2: Cut the ham and broccoli
Cut ham into ½” cubes. Wash broccoli and cut into florets. Add cubed ham and broccoli to the top of the rice.
Step 3: Finish adding the ingredients to your casserole
Cover with cheddar cheese. Top with ½ of the fried onion. Pour melted butter over the top.
Step 4: Cook your casserole
Set the slow cooker to High, cover, and cook for 2 ½ hours. Remove the lid and stir to combine ingredients. Top with remaining fried onion straws.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this Slow Cooker Ham and Rice Casserole.
- Cheddar Cheese Soup - don't have a can of cream of chicken soup on hand? Use cheddar cheese soup instead.
- Cheese - switch up the cheese and use whatever you hand on hand. I've used mexcian blend and colby jack.
Want to personalize this ham and rice casserole with condensed soup recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes to give your recipe a spicy kick
- Chicken - don't like ham? use chopped cooked chicken instead.
- Broccoli - Hate broccoli leave it out.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole.
All you need to make this recipe is a few basic kitchen tools.
- slow cooker
- knife and cutting board
Store leftover casserole in the fridge for up to three days.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
Do you like Slow Cooker recipes? Here are some recipes you may also like to try:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
- Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Slow Cooker Turkey and Stuffing Casserole
Do you have questions about ham and rice casserole? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
Reheat leftovers in the microwave for one to two minutes or until warm all the way through.
No, this casserole will not freeze well. Your french fried onions will get soggy.
If you want to prepare this casserole ahead assemble your casserole but leave off the french onions topping. Place the ingredients in your slow cooker liner and store then in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Top with french fried onions when you are ready to cook.
Slow Cooker Ham and Rice Casserole
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Slow Cooker Ham and Rice Casserole
- Slow Cooker
- Get out and measure all of your ingredients.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream of chicken soup, mayo, sour cream, minced garlic, pepper, and rice.
- Stir until blended.
- Add to the slow cooker.
- Cut ham into ½” cubes.
- Wash broccoli and cut into florets. Add cubed ham and broccoli to the top of the rice.
- Cover with cheddar cheese.
- Top with ½ of the fried onion.
- Pour melted butter over the top.
- Set the slow cooker to High, cover and cook for 2 ½ hours.
- Remove the lid and stir to combine ingredients. Top with remaining fried onion straws.
- Serve hot and enjoy very bite!