This recipe for Simple Slow Cooker Curry Pineapple Chicken is one you will make over and over again! Chop up some vegetables. As many or a little as you want. Add some chicken, tomatoes, pineapple and some chili sauce or ketchup and wait! Within a few hours you have this yummy, crowd pleasing dinner! Every time!
Its funny. In our house the way food tastes is slightly different depending on who is making the meal. This recipe is a perfect example. Ken loves curry and always uses more than I would. I know he would use a spicier curry if not for me as well. I love a mild curry flavor myself. I leave the type of curry and the amounts up to you. The key here will be to taste the sauce before you serve it!Have a look at our video below! See how easy this is to prepare!
Simple Slow Cooker Curry Pineapple Chicken
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup peppers,green, yellow, orange or red, cored, chopped
- 1 tblsp ginger, minced or dried more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour -
- 1 tblsp curry powder, mild or spicy more or less to taste
- 1 tsp salt -
- 2 tsp pepper -
- 1 can (28 oz) canned tomatoes, diced, undrained
- 1 can (28 oz) canned pineapple bits, undrained
- 1 cup ketchup or chili sauce -
- cooking spray
Spray a large slow cooker with cooking spray. Sprinkle onions, peppers, carrots, celery and ginger as evenly as possible across the bottom of the slow cooker. In a large resealable bag put flour, curry powder, salt and pepper. Add chicken thighs and shake around until thighs are coated. Place thighs in slow cooker on top of vegetables. Sprinkle excess flour mixture on top of chicken. In a large sized bowl combine diced tomatoes, pineapple and ketchup or chili sauce and pour all over chicken. Cook covered on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2 1/2 to 3. Serve with rice and enjoy!