This ranch water seltzer is a delicious, refreshing tequila spritzer that is so easy to make and always a big hit at parties. Tequila, agave, sparkling water, and tajun seasoning combine to create a refreshing cocktail that packs a punch of flavor and spirits.
I love serving cocktails at parties, especially ones that aren’t normally on the menu. This tequila spritzer cocktail fits that bill perfectly. It’s an unexpected, refreshing drink that everyone always loves.
Ranch Water Hard Seltzer
It only takes a handful of ingredients to make this delicious ranch water hard seltzer cocktail. You don’t need much at all!
- silver tequila
- blue agave syrup
- lime, cut into wedges
- bottle Topo chico sparkling water or equivalent
- tajun seasoning, if deisred
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
How to Make Ranch Water Seltzer
This is an incredibly simple cocktail to make. It’s ready in no time, and there’s nothing fancy to it at all.
Step 1: Prep
Spread the tajun seasoning over a plate, if desired. Then, trace a lime wedge over the rim of a tall cocktail glass and dip the rim in the tajun. Doing this is a wonderful change, once and a while.
Step 2: Make the Cocktail
Add agave syrup and 1 lime wedge to the bottom of the glass and muddle. Then, add ice and pour in the tequila. Add the bottle of Topo Chico and get ready to serve. Garnish with lime and enjoy!
Hint: If you don’t have a muddler, a wooden spoon will do the trick.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this tequila spritzer.
- Your Favorite Tequila – Any tequila will work in this recipe. Use your favorite.
- Your Favorite Seltzer – Any seltzer will work in this recipe. Use your favorite.
Want to personalize this ranch water seltzer recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Lime-Infused Ice Cubes – Tryin freezing lime-infused water to add an extra kick of lime flavor to this drink.
- Simple Syrup – For a different feel, try using simple syrup instead of agave to change the flavor a bit.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this cranberry margarita.
It takes almost no equipment to make this cocktail. You’ll only need a couple of items.
- Cutting board
- Muddler or wooden spoon
These cocktails are made with seltzer, so enjoy them immediately for best results. Storing them will allow the drink to lose its fizz.
More Cocktail Recipes
Do you like cocktails? Here are some recipes you may also like to try
Do you have questions about this tequila spritzer? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about ranch water seltzer.
It’s a type of highball drink made with tequila and usually Topo Chico sparkling mineral water and citrus, usually lime.
A refreshing, bubbly, citrusy beverage, usually made with seltzer, lime and tequila, like a less sweet margherita.
You probably waited too long to serve it or you refrigerated it for later. Seltzer will go flat just like pop does, so this drink is best served immediately.
Ranch Water Seltzer Video
Ranch Water Seltzer
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Ranch Water Seltzer
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 1 teaspoon blue agave syrup
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 bottle bottle Topo chico sparkling water
- 1 tablespoon tajun seasoning if desired
- Get out your ingredients!
- Spread tajun seasoning all over a plate, if using. We season the rim on occasion for a nice change.
- Trace a lime wedge over the rim of a tall cocktail glass and dip the rim into the tajun.
- Add agave syrup and 1 lime wedge to the bottom of a tall cocktail glass.
- Add ice to the glass and pour in the tequila.
- Add the bottle of topo Chico mineral water and stir.
- Garnish with a lime
- Enjoy every sip!