I think I have loved Rice Krispie cereal all of my life and now that I am older all of the desserts you can make with them! Krispie Mars Squares are one of my favorites! Every bite has just the right amount of chocolate, caramel and crunch! These bars are different than the original rice krispie squares we are all used to and so much better!
You can easily put any decoration on top of these Krispie Mars Squares. I love the toffee bits myself but have had these covered with everything you can imagine including sprinkles and sparkles when my friend's daughter was over helping me make this dessert. This is her favorite and thinks the world would be more beautiful if there were more sparkles in it!
To be honest, the neon pink and blue bits looked pretty amazing on these squares! If sparkles are not your thing you can leave the chocolate plain, just as it is, add any colored chocolate or caramel candy, especially the mini versions or even write something on top of the chocolate with icing! Anything is truly possible!
If you are a fan of Rice Krispies like I am you have to take a moment to look at some of the other desserts we make as well as Krispie Mars Squares. You never know, you just might find another recipe worth trying!
We even used the cereal Sugar Crisp to create these fabulous and addictive squares as well, if you are interested! They are so tasty too!
Krispie Mars Squares can be cut into smaller, bite sized pieces, depending on the age and appetite of those who are eating them! I have cut anywhere from 9 to 36 squares. Make sure to use a large, sharp knife and cut this dessert right after you remove it from your refrigerator. The squares will look better and cutting is so much easier!
How could we not make a video to show you exactly how to make these totally addictive Krispie Mars Squares?! Take a moment to check it out!
Krispie Mars Squares
- Prepare a square pan, either 8x8 or 9x9 inches, with tinfoil. You may have to use more than one piece. You want to have the tinfoil fold over the edges of the pan slightly. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt your butter. Once the butter is melted add your chopped up candy bars and stir frequently until totally melted and blended together.
- Remove your saucepan from heat and add the cereal. Stir as gently as possible until all of the cereal is coated.
- Press into your prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt butter and then add your chocolate chips. Stir frequently until smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate all over the top of the cereal mixture. Spread the chocolate around until the entire surface is covered in chocolate. Sprinkle toffee bits all over the top of the chocolate. Place in your refrigerator.
- When you are ready to serve lift the square out of the pan using the tinfoil. Basically you unroll the tinfoil from the edges of the pan and simply lift the square out of the pan. Separate the tinfoil from the dessert and place the square on your work surface. Cut into squares. Serve and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
- If you can't find Mars Bars, you can use Milky Way or Three Musketeers Bars.
- To cut the bars, use a very sharp knife and cut them right after being removed from the refrigerator.
- Krispie Mars Squares can be cut into smaller, bite-size pieces, depending on the age and appetite of those who are eating them.