Salted caramel milkshake is the perfect blended ice cream drink. It's so creamy and the salted caramel sauce gives it a rich, delicious flavor. A yummy treat to serve up when the weather is a little hot and you are craving something cold and tasty.
Whoever thought of salted caramel was brilliant. It's that ultimate combination of sweet and salty that makes anything you put it on taste better. In this caramel shake recipe, it's blended with ice cream, milk and cream making the creamiest and most delicious milkshake I've ever tasted!
Salted Caramel Shake
This was inspired by my other ice cream recipe on Kitchen Divas, and pairs well with some of these Butter Crunch Cookies crumbled over the top.
If you like caramel-flavored desserts, you might also enjoy Salted Caramel Cheesecake or an easy Air Fryer Apple Crisp with Caramel.
This quick and easy homemade milkshake requires only a few simple ingredients you will find in most grocery stores.
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whole milk
- Heavy whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Salted caramel sauce
- Extras for toppings such as cookies, cocoa powder and chocolate sauce.
See the recipe card further down on the page for the exact quantities of each ingredient.
This milkshake requires only one simple step to make.
Step 1: Blend Up Milkshake
Place all the ingredients except any extras you plan to use for the toppings to a blender.,
Blend on low first and then on high speed until everything is mixed together and you have a creamy texture.
Pour the salted caramel shake into glasses and top with whipped cream, salted caramel sauce, and any additional toppings you want to add.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this salted caramel shake.
- Vanilla ice cream - Swap out the vanilla ice cream with chocolate or any other flavor that you enjoy combined with caramel.
- Salted caramel sauce - Use regular caramel sauce alone or with a pinch of salt added if you don't have the salted version of the sauce.
- Vanilla extract - Swap it out with an equal portion of maple syrup for a similar flavor.
Want to personalize this salted caramel shake recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Chocolate chip - stir in semisweet or dark chocolate chips after blending all the ingredients together and before pouring into a glass.
- Oreo cookie - crush up oreo cookies in a bag and stir it into the smoothie or sprinkle over the top of it when poured into a glass.
- Deluxe caramel - chop up caramel Twix bars or Rolo candies and sprinkle on top of the milkshake.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy Boozy Caramel Apple Milkshake.
The only thing you need to make a salted caramel milkshake is a blender. Since you will be blending ice cream, I recommend using one with a little power.
Serve up a salted caramel shake right away. It's not recommended to store it for later. You are better off cutting the recipe in half if you can't use it all right away.
If you do decide to refreeze it anyway to use later on, store it for up to 1 month in the freezer. When you're ready to drink it, set the frozen portion on the counter to soften up a bit. Then transfer to a blender. You will need to add additional liquid and then blend until it's somewhat creamy again. I have found it doesn't have the same creamy texture it has when made fresh.
Making salted caramel milkshakes is super easy but here are just a couple of hints to make things easier and give you perfect results.
- Make sure the ice cream is slightly melted. Letting it sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes should be enough to soften to make it easier to blend.
- For a creamy milkshake, use chilled whipping cream and milk so the ice cream doesn't melt too much when everything is blended together.
More Ice Cream Recipes
Do you like sweet treats made with ice cream? Here are some recipes you may also like to try:
Do you have questions about making a salted caramel shake? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this caramel milkshake recipe.
- Examples are
- How do I reheat
- How do I freeze
- Can I double?
- Can I halve?
- Can I make this recipe head?
- Any other question from keyword research
If you are looking for different things you can mix into your salted caramel shake, here are some of the best flavor combinations for salted caramel: dark chocolate, apple, pears, almonds, pecans, marshmallows, strawberries, and other berries.
It's super easy to thicken up a too-thin shake. All you need to do is add more ice cream, one tablespoon at a time, and blend until it reaches the desired consistency.
Yes, you can but, the heavy cream gives the milkshake its rich creamy texture so swapping it out will give you a caramel shake that's not quite as thick and creamy.
Salted Caramel Milkshake
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Salted Caramel Milkshake
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream slightly softened
- 1 cup whole milk cold
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream chilled
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- salted caramel sauce
- cookies, cocoa powder optional, for additional topping
- Get out and measure all of your ingredients.
- Add ice cream to blender.
- Add heavy whipping cream.
- Add milk to blender.
- Add sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a glass. Top with whipped cream and salted caramel sauce.
- Enjoy every sip!
Leave a Reply