This recipe is another from my late friend Marcel. If you are a fan Butterscotch, Caramel and Cashews then these bars are for you! These Butterscotch Caramel Cashew Bars are difficult to resist! You have to try them!
Butterscotch Caramel Cashew Bars
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoons salt -
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour -
- 1 ½ cups butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup corn syrup -
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups roasted salted whole cashews
- 1 caramel sauce jar, bottle or home made, as desired
- cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a Spray a 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside. Using two sheets of parchment paper, line the pan’s width and length, creating a parchment “sling.” Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Ideally, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, brown sugar, and salt for 1 or 2 minutes, until smooth.
- Reduce speed to low.
- Add the flour. Mix until incorporated.
- Press dough evenly into your prepared pan. Poke holes in the dough all over with a fork. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the crust is a golden color.
- In a heavy saucepan, over low heat, stir together the butterscotch chips, corn syrup, and water.
- Stir until the mixture comes to a simmer and the butterscotch chips are melted.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Pour over the crust.
- Smooth to the edges so surface is covered.
- Sprinkle the cashews over the butterscotch caramel.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- After cooling, remove from pan and use a very sharp knife to cut into bars.
- Serve and enjoy every bite!