Caramel Chex MIx is so easy to make and it tastes delicious. This recipe is loaded down with Chex cereal, peanuts, and M&M’s then coated with a sweet caramel sauce.
Chex party mix was always a staple in our household while my son was growing up. When I came across this recipe recently, I just knew that I had to make this sweet snack mix recipe again and share with you.
Caramal Chex Party Mix
This sweet and salty snack mix is always a hit at parties. If you are looking for an easy snack for your Christmas party then this Christmas Caramel Chex Mix recipe is just what you need.
You only need eight basic ingredients to make this sweet and salty snack mix. I promise this snack mix will just fly off the table.
- Chex Cereal
- light corn syrup
- brown sugar
- baking soda
See the recipe card below for quantities.
How To Make Caramel Chex Mix
This easy and homemade sweet and salty snack mix requires just five easy steps. You will be so glad that you followed these basic steps when you take your first bite of this homemade Chex Mix.
Step 1: Prepare baking pans
Prepare two large baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper. Set aside. Then, place Chex cereal in a large bowl. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the caramel coating
In a medium saucepan, place corn syrup, salt, brown sugar, and butter over medium
heat. Stir often. Allow your sauce to boil for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add baking soda while stirring.
Step 3: Coat your Chex mix
Pour caramel mixture over the top of cereal. Stir until cereal is completely coated.
Step 4: Add in your peanuts
Stir in peanuts. Spread caramel-covered cereal out between the two lined baking sheets. Sprinkle M&Ms over top.
Step 5: Cool the Chex Mix
Allow the Chex Mix to cool. Break into small chunks and store in an air-tight container.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this Caramel Chex Mix.
- Corn Syrup – use dark corn syrup in place of light if you need it.
- Corn Flakes– use corn flakes in place of chex mix for a cluster style Chex Mix.
- Chocolate Chips – switch out the M&M’s for mini chocolate chips
Want to personalize this Caramel Party Mix recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Pretzels– Want to add a little salty flavor? Add in ½ cup of pretzel sticks to your Caramel Chex Mix.
- Nuts – Use chopped pecans instead of peanuts or leave the nuts out all together.
- Popcorn– Add one cup of popped popcorn to your Chex Mix for a caramel corn taste.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Easy Chocolate Chex Mix recipe.
To make this Sweet and Salty Caramel Chex Mix recipe you will need five kitchen tools. You should have these already in your kitchen.
- two baking sheets
- parchement paper
- mixing bowl
Store leftover Caramel Chex Mix in an airtight container for up to one week.
More Chex Recipes
Do you like Chex recipes? Here are some recipes you may also like to try
Do you have questions about Caramel Chex Mix? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
Yes! You can freeze this recipe for up to 6 months. Just be sure to keep this Chex mix in an airtight container.
Certainly! Just make sure that you spread your Chex Mix out over several pans so that it can dry.
Yes! Caramel Chex Mix can be made up to three days in advance.
Recipe Name Caramel Chex Mix
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Caramel Chex Mix
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- 12 ounce Chex Cereal
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Prepare two large baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place Chex cereal in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, place corn syrup, salt, brown sugar, and butter over medium heat.
- Stir often. Allow to boil for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda while stirring.
- Pour caramel mixture over top of cereal. Stir until cereal is completely coated.
- Stir until coated.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Make sure nuts are evenly distributed.
- Spread caramel-covered cereal out between the two lined baking sheets.
- Sprinkle M&Ms over top and allow to cool.
- Break into small chunks and store in an air tight container.
- Enjoy every bite!