If you love chocolate, peanut butter and Rice Krispies you'll love Peanut Butter Chocolate Krispie Squares. This NO marshmallow recipe is sweetened with honey.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Krispie Squares
- Prepare a 9x9 pan with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a large heavy saucepan on your lowest heat, stirring often, until melted.
- Bring to a gentle boil and remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- Add cereal and peanuts (if you are using) and gently stir until well coated.
- Press into pan.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits if using. Refrigerate until cool and firm, about 2 hours. Enjoy!
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
- For softer, gooier bars use about ¼ to ½ cup less Rice Krispies.
- Use greased fingers or a greased rubber spatula to press into pan.
- Do not press into pan too hard or the treats will become compacted.