If you love chocolate, peanut butter and Rice Krispies you will love Krispie Peanut Butter Chocolate Squares! They are totally delicious!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Krispie Squares
- 1 9x9 Square Pan
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semisweet
- ¾ cup liquid honey -
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts - optional
- ½ cup skor toffee bits - optional
- butter or cooking spray
- Prepare a 9x9 pan with butter or cooking spray. Set aside. Combine peanut butter and honey in a large heavy saucepan on your lowest heat, stirring often, until melted. Bring to a gentle boil and remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Add cereal and peanuts (if you are using) and gently stir until well coated. Press into pan. Sprinkle with skor bits if using. Refrigerate until cool and firm. Enjoy!
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
- For softer, gooier bars use about ¼ to ½ cup less Rice Krispies.
- Use greased fingers or a greased rubber spatula to press into pan.
- Do not press into pan too hard or the treats will become compacted.