Big Mac egg rolls feature all the flavors of our favorite fast-food burger all wrapped up in a crispy egg roll. It's ultra comfort food for parties, movies, or just a fun dinner.
What do you get when you combine all the flavors of a Big Mac and the crunchy outer layer of an egg roll? You get pure deliciousness! This is one of my family's favorite hand-held treats.
Big Mac Egg Roll Recipe
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this delicious recipe. After all, a Big Mac doesn't have a lot of ingredients, when you think about it. You'll find all of these easily at your grocery store.
For the Egg Rolls
- Egg roll wrappers
- Ground beef
- Diced onions
- Yellow mustard
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped dill pickles
For the Big Mac Sauce
- Minced dill pickles
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
This recipe is very easy to make. In fact, it's so easy, I've included directions for oil frying and air frying!
Step 1: Prep
Chop dill pickles, dice the onions and more dill pickles, and measure out all of your ingredients.
Step 2: Cook the Beef Mixture
Cook ground beef, mustard, ketchup, salt, and pepper over medium heat in a skillet until the beef is no longer pink. Drain.
Step 3: Make the Egg Rolls
Lay each egg roll wrapper out on a clean surface. Sprinkle shredded cheese on the center of the egg roll wrapper and top with the beef mixture and diced pickles. Then, fold the sides of the egg roll wrapper in, tightly fold the bottom up, and roll and seal the top fold with a few drops of water.
Step 4 A: Cook in Oil
Line a plate with a paper towel.
Next, put an inch of oil in a medium skillet and heat over medium heat. Allow the oil to heat until it starts to form small bubbles.
Add the egg rolls and fry on each side until golden brown. Transfer the cooked egg rolls to your prepared plate.
Step 4 B: Air Fry
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
Cook the egg rolls for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking process.
Step 5: Make the Big Mac Sauce
Mix the mayonnaise, pickles, sugar, mustard, ketchup, and paprika together in a small bowl. Serve with the egg rolls and enjoy!
Hint: If frying the egg rolls in oil, I recommend using vegetable oil. It has very little flavor and a high smoke point, making it perfect for frying.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this Big Mac egg roll recipe.
- Ground Chicken or Turkey - If you're trying to avoid saturated fat, use ground chicken or turkey.
- Pickles - If you don't have dill pickles, you can use bread and butter or even sweet pickles. It will just make the final product a bit sweeter but still delicious.
Want to personalize these Big Mac egg rolls? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy - Add chili pepper flakes while cooking to imbue heat into the dish.
- Deconstructe Egg Rolls - For a fun take on this recipe, make the filling as directed, then fry the egg roll wrappers flat to serve as a fun "chip" to go with the filling.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy these unique egg roll recipes.
You won't need much in the way of equipment to make this recipe. It only takes a few simple implements.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
You can store these egg rolls in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3 - 4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to a month.
This is a very simple recipe to make, but I do have some tips here to help you make the best possible egg rolls. These are easy tips, so be sure to give them a read.
- Be sure to drain your beef mixture so you don't have a grease bomb instead of an egg roll.
- Always preheat your air fryer. Some people claim you don't have to, but I find it makes a difference.
- Wrap your egg rolls as tightly as possible to be sure everything stays where it should.
Do you have questions about Big Mac egg rolls? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this Big Mac egg roll recipe.
These egg rolls will keep in the refrigerator for 3 - 4 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
Place the chilled egg rolls in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
Leave them in the refrigerator overnight to defrost.
Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, then place the egg rolls on the baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 5 - 10 minutes.
More Big Mac Recipes
Do you like Big Macs? Here are some Big Mac recipes you may also like to try.
Big Mac Egg Rolls
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Big Mac Egg Rolls
- deep fryer or heavy bottomed pot for frying
- paper towel if deep frying
Egg Roll Ingredients
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- To prepare sauce, mix mayonnaise, pickles, sugar, mustard, ketchup, and paprika together in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate util needed.
- In a skillet, add ground beef, mustard, ketchup, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until beef is cooked thoroughly.
- This will take about 8 minutes. Drain any excess grease.
- To prepare egg rolls, lay each egg roll wrapper on a clean surface like a diamond.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese on the center of the egg roll wrapper.
- Top with about 3 tablespoons of beef mixture.
- And 1 tablespoon of diced pickles.
- Fold the sides of egg roll wrapper in. Tightly fold the bottom up. Roll and seal the top fold with a few drops of water.
To Deep Fry in Oil
- Prepare a plate by lining it with paper towel.
- Put about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Allow oil to heat until is starts to form small bubbles.
- Add egg rolls and fry each side until golden.
- This will take about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer cooked egg rolls to your prepared plate. Allow the access grease to soak into the paper towel.
To Air Fry
- Preheat tp 400ºF and cook for 12 minutes, flipping egg rolls halfway through.
- Serve dip with egg rolls.
- Enjoy every bite.