Perfect Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls are a fabulous way to enjoy a burger with cheese, bacon and all of your favorite toppings in every bite!
Egg Rolls are a favorite in our household. Quick and easy to make, once you get the hang of rolling them up! They can literally be filled with almost anything you can think of.
We choose to bake these Perfect Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls but they are also tasty fried. How you cook them will be up to you. Regardless, your family will love them.
Perfect Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey, pork, or chicken
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 8 slices bacon, chopped, cooked until crisp
- 2 tblsp ketchup
- 1 tblsp mustard, yellow
- 1 tblsp pickle relish
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tblsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 20 slices cheese, cheddar or 2 cups
- 20 egg roll wrappers
- olive oil
- cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees if you are going to bake these egg rolls. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil and cooking spray and set aside. If you are going to deep fry them get your deep fryer heating or you can heat about 1 inch of oi into your fry pan and cook them there.
- Using a large frying pan cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel and set aside. Next, wipe out your frying pan and cook or brown your ground meat and onion with the salt and pepper. When meat is almost cooked add your garlic. Drain excess grease. I usually drain it in a colander in the sink.
- Return cooked ground meat mixture back into your frying pan with the crumbled bacon. Add ketchup, mustard, relish and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until totally blended together.
- Now you are going to assemble your egg rolls. If you don't know how to roll an egg roll or are nervous about doing it have a look on the egg roll wrapper package, there are usually instructions and pictures on the package itself. That might help you. First, grab a small bowl with some water in it and place it beside your pile of egg roll wrappers. OK. Now you are ready. Here we go. Place an egg roll wrapper in front of you, at an angle. It should look like a diamond in front of you. About ½ inch from the bottom corner, place approximately 1/3 cup of the meat mixture and 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese. If you are using cheese slices lay them flat on top of the egg roll wrapper before you add the ground meat. Take the bottom corner of the egg roll wrapper and lift it up and over the meat mixture. Next, take the right corner and fold it towards the center. Do the same with the left corner. Now just roll until you only have a little triangle left at the top of the egg roll wrapper. Using your finger, wet the seam or edge with water, and continue rolling. Now you have two options. To be honest I always bake these but frying them works out really well too!
- Place wrapped egg rolls, seal or seam side down, on your prepared baking sheets. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers. Brush olive oil on the top and sides of the egg rolls and bake for 8 minutes. Then flip onto the other side and cook another 8 minutes or until starting to turn golden brown. Allow a moment to cool. When all egg rolls are cooked, dip them in barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard or a dipping sauce of your choice. Enjoy!
- Or in skillet, on medium, heat about 1 inch of oil until hot (around 350 degrees). I usually flick a drop of water in it. If the drop of water dances then your oil should be ready to go! Fry egg rolls in the oil until golden brown and crispy (30 seconds to a minute). Flip the egg rolls over and move them around to ensure even cooking. Remove from skillet, shake off excess oil, and place on cooling rack or on paper towel for a minute. Serve immediately. When all egg rolls are cooked, dip them in barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard or a dipping sauce of your choice. Enjoy