Spicy mayo sauce only takes 3 ingredients, but the flavor is amazing. This delicious homemade spicy mayo makes the perfect creamy, spicy dip or sandwich topping.
I love dips and I love sauces. I love this recipe because it’s both, and it’s got such a great combination of flavors that go with almost anything.
Homemade Spicy Mayo
It only takes 3 simple ingredients to make this recipe, and you probably have them all in your kitchen right now.
- Hot sauce
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
As simple as the ingredient list is, the recipe is even easier. All it takes is 2 steps!
Step 1: Mix the Ingredients
Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, and hot sauce in a small bowl and mix thoroughly until combined.
Step 2: Chill
Transfer the mayo to a jar with a lid or another air-tight container and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Hint: An hour is the minimum amount of time you should chill this mayo sauce. The longer it chills, the better it tastes.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this homemade spicy mayo.
- Low Fat – Use low fat mayonnaise for a reduced calorie version of this recipe.
- BBQ Sauce – BBQ sauce makes for a nice variation of this recipe. Just don’t add as much as you would ketchup.
Want to personalize this spicy mayo sauce recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Onion and Garlic Powder – Add a little garlic and onion powder for more flavor.
- Extra Spicy – If you really love heat, try adding a dash of cayenne for even more kick.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this buffalo ranch sauce.
It takes next to no equipment to make this easy recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Spoon or whisk
- Jar or air-tight container
This mayo sauce will keep well in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for around 3 to 4 months.
This recipe is so simple there are hardly any tips at all. In fact, I only have 2.
- The longer you let this chill, the tastier it is.
- To prolong its life, never dip food directly into the sauce container.
More Spicy Recipes
Do you like a little heat in your recipes? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about homemade spicy mayo? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about spicy mayo sauce.
It will keep well in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for 3 to 4 months.
Absolutely. Use your favorite – as strong or as mild as you like.
You sure can. From mass-produced brands to organic, any mayo works.
All kinds of things! This is a great dip or topper. Some excellent suggestions include:
Spicy Mayo Sauce
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Spicy Mayo Sauce
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Combine mayo, ketchup, and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Stir until blended.
- Refrigerate covered for at least an hour before serving to allow all of the flavors to meld together.
- Enjoy every bite!