Buffalo ranch sauce combines the flavors of buffalo wing sauce with creamy ranch dressing. An easy-to-make homemade sauce with vibrant spicy flavors and creamy texture you can use as a dip or sauce on sandwiches.
This ranch buffalo sauce combines my two favorite things! Spicy flavors and creamy texture! It all starts with a made from scratch ranch sauce and then it's spiced up with hot sauce to give it that zing!
Buffalo Ranch Wing Sauce
Dip your favorite chicken wings in buffalo ranch wing sauce, the perfect marriage of creamy ranch and buffalo sauce. But its also perfect paired with these quick and easy chicken tenders or spread some on a steak sandwich to give it some pop!
Buffalo ranch wing sauce is made with simple, easy-to-find ingredients. Pick them up on a quick trip to the store and make a batch in minutes.
- fresh chives
- fresh cilantro
- fresh dill
- white vinegar
- fresh garlic
- cayenne pepper
- hot sauce
See the recipe card further down on the page for the exact quantities of each ingredient.
How to Make Buffalo Ranch Sauce
This easy sauce recipe mixes up in one step and then needs a short chill in the refrigerator before serving.
Step 1: Mix Up the Ingredients
In a medium-sized bowl add buttermilk and mayo along with the remaining ingredients.
Use a whisk to blend ingredients together until smooth.
Step 2: Refrigerate
Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to chill and allow the flavors to meld.
Hint: A whisk is my favorite kitchen tool for making sauces. It's the quickest and easiest way to get out any lumps that may be in the sauce leaving it smooth and creamy.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this Buffalo Ranch Wing Sauce.
- Mayonnaise - Swap it out with sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Fresh herbs - I prefer using fresh herbs to make this sauce but you can use dried instead though the flavor is a little different. Use ⅓ less of the dried herbs than the fresh.
- White vinegar - White vinegar has a sharp, bright flavor but you can swap it out with apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar as well.
Want to personalize this buffalo ranch wing sauce recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy BBQ - Change it up and use your favorite barbeque sauce for one half the amount of buffalo sauce.
- Smoky - Use chipoltle chili powder or smoked paprika in place of the cayenne pepper to add a little bit of smokiness to the sauce.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this copycat Burger King Buffalo Sauce.
You don't need much of anything special to make this easy sauce recipe. Here's all it takes:
- Medium bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Jar or storage container
Store this sauce in the fridge in an airtight container or jar for up to 7 days.
You won't need too much help to make this quick and easy sauce, but here are a few tips to use for excellent results.
- Use a whisk to mix together for the creamiest texture.
- Use fresh herbs for the best flavor.
- Adjust the cayenne pepper to add more or less spice to the creamy ranch buffalo sauce.
Do you have questions about making Buffalo Ranch Sauce? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions I receive about this recipe.
A moderately thick-thin creamy sauce that works as a dressing, dip, or spread. Use it to top your favorite burger or sandwich, as a dip for chicken wings or chicken tenders, a topping for tacos, or over a salad.
To make this sauce I recommend using Tabasco or Lousiana Hot Sauce which are a blend of chilies, water and spices. You can also use buffalo sauce which is a hot sauce that has butter whisked into it. One of my favorite brands is Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce.
For a thicker sauce, replace the buttermilk with sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
More Delicious Sauce Recipes
Do you like making your own homemade sauces? Here are some recipes you may also like to try:
Buffalo Ranch Sauce
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Buffalo Ranch Sauce
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives heaping, minced or 1 ½ teaspoons dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro heaping, minced or 1 ½ teaspoons dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill minced or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- In a medium-sized bowl add buttermilk and mayo.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Using a whisk, blend ingredients until smooth
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- To allow the flavors to meld.
- Then serve it up.
- As a dip or sauce.
- Enjoy every bite.