This copycat Burger King buffalo sauce recipe is even better than the original. Rich, creamy, and spicy, this sauce is perfect on burgers, dogs, with wings, and almost anything else you can think of.
I love a good sauce, the buffalo sauce at Burger King is one of my favorites and I was so sad to see it go. I decided to try my hand at making it at home so I could use it any time I wanted. The result? Delicious!
Burger King Buffalo Sauce Recipe
Burger King Buffalo Sauce Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this delicious sauce. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- hot sauce (I used Franks)
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- lemon juice
- cayenne pepper
- chipotle peppers, optional, minced
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
How to Make Burger King Buffalo Sauce
This recipe couldn’t be easier. It only takes one step to make it!
Step 1: Combine Ingredients and Chill
Combine all the ingredients and chill the sauce in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving with your favorite dippable treat or burger.
Hint: It’s important to let your sauce chill so all the flavors can meld together.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this Burger King buffalo sauce.
- Greek Yogurt – You can use Greek yogurt in place of mayo if you don’t have any.
- Jalapeno Peppers – If you don’t have chipotle peppers, jalapenos will work.
Want to personalize this Burger King buffalo sauce recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Extra Spicy – Try adding some red pepper flakes for even more heat.
- Honey – Cut the sugar in half and add a bit of honey for a slightly different flavor.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this lemon garlic aioli.
It only takes a few simple kitchen essentials to make this sauce.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Jar for storage.
You can store this sauce in the refrigerator in a jar for about a week.
This is such a simple recipe, I only have two tips. That being said, they’re important so be sure to give them a look.
- Thoroughly mix your ingredients to ensure that everything is fully incorporated.
- Don’t rush this suace. Chill for an hour – more is better – to let all the flavors come together.
More Buffalo Recipes
Do you like buffalo sauce-based dishes? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about this copycat Burger King buffalo sauce recipe? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about Burger King buffalo sauce.
It will keep for about a week in the refrigerator.
Almost anything! It’s great on burgers, beef, chicken, and pork, or as a dipping sauce.
A recipe like this requires time to sit. Because there’s no cooking involved, the flavors have to come together naturally over time. Chilling it is required because it’s mayonnaise-based.
Burger King Buffalo Sauce
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Copycat Burger King Buffalo Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup hot sauce I used Franks
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 ½ teaspoons horseradish
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½=1 chipotle pepper, optional minced
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients and chill in fridge for an hour before serving.
- Store covered inside your fridge until needed.
- Enjoy every dip!