Lemon garlic aioli is a zesty sauce that pairs wonderfully with all kinds of dishes. The zesty citrus and garlic pairing combine perfectly with the rich, creaminess of the aioli to create a sauce that really hits the spot.
Aioli has always sounded fancy to me, but once I discovered how easy it was to make, there was no going back. This is just one of several variations I've made, and it's so good!
Lemon Garlic Aioli Recipe
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this aioli. You probably have most of them in your kitchen already.
- Large eggs
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic cloves minced
- Cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Extra-virgin olive oil
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
Making this recipe is even easier than gathering the ingredients. It only takes a few minutes!
Step 1: Prep
Measure all of your ingredients.
Step 2: Blend All Ingredients Except the Oil
In a food processor or blender, blend the eggs, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt, sugar, and cayenne pepper for a few seconds.
Step 3: Add the Oil
With the blender or food processor on low speed, slowly add the vegetable oil until the mixture is thick. It usually takes a couple of minutes. Scrape down the sides with a spatula to incorporate any remaining unblinded ingredients and blend again for a few more second.
Step 4: Add Olive Oil and Store
Transfer the aioli to a mason jar for easy storage. Then, add olive oil and stir until fully incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to use. Enjoy!
Hint: Use a food processor if possible. It's easier to use than a blender.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this lemon garlic aioli recipe.
- Vegetable Oil - If you don't have olive oil for the final portion of the recipe, just use more vegetable oil.
- Hot Sauce - If you don't have cayenne pepper on hand, add a splash of hot sauce, instead.
Want to personalize this lemon garlic aioli recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Mild - If you're not a fan of heat, simply leave out the cayenne pepper.
- Onion Powder - For a bit more flavor add a little onion powder.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this homemade tzatziki sauce.
It doesn't take much to make this delicious aioli. You'll only need a handful of kitchen items.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Food processor
- Mason jar
Store this aioli in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days..
As always, I have some tips to help you make this recipe the best it can possibly be.
- Use a food processor if possible. It's easier than using a blender.
- Blend your aioli well to ensure a smooth consistency.
More Garlic Recipes
Do you like garlic? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
- Balsamic Raspberry Garlic Chicken
- Sweet Garlic Balsamic Green Beans
- Maple Garlic Glazed Chicken Breasts
Do you have questions about this lemon garlic aioli recipe? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about lemon garlic aioli.
Aioli is an Italian sauce made of garlic, salt, olive oil, and oftentimes egg. It can also refer to a variety of mayonnaise-based sauces.
It can last in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Aioli pairs well with beef, pork, chicken, and even fish. It also makes an excellent dipping sauce.
Lemon Garlic Aioli Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Lemon Garlic Aioli
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Using a food processor or blender, blend egg, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt, sugar, and cayenne for a few seconds.
- While blender on low speed slowly add vegetable oil until mixture is thick, a couple minutes. Scrape down bowl sides with spatula and blend for a few more seconds.
- Transfer aioli to mason jar for easy storage. Add olive oil and stir until incorporated. Cover and refrigerate until needed. At least an hour.
- Enjoy every spoonful!