This creamy dill dip is loaded with all the flavors we love in the classic recipe. This cool creamy dip is perfect for dipping vegetables, chips, pita chips, and more, and it makes a great dressing, as well.
Dill is such a classic flavor in dips. I love to serve this one up with a huge bowl of chips and a tray of sliced veggies for everyone to enjoy.
Creamy Dill Dip
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this dip. Anything you don’t have in your kitchen can be easily found at your grocery store.
- Sour cream
- Onion flakes
- Parsley flakes
- Chopped fresh dill
- Dill weed
- Seasoned salt
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
Making this dip is such a simple task. It only takes a couple of steps!
Step 1: Combine all Ingredients
Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, parsley, dill, and seasoned salt in a bowl and mix well until thoroughly combined.
Step 2: Chill
Chill for at least 2 hours, then serve with your favorite dipping foods like chips or veggies..
Hint: Always let your dip chill for a minimum of 2 hours. The longer it chills the more the flavors meld.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this creamy dill dip.
- Low-Fat – Make a low-fat version of this recipe by using low-fat may and sour cream.
- Onion Powder – If you don’t have onion flakes, onion powder will work.
Want to personalize this creamy dill dip recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy – Try adding some red pepper flakes for an unexpected kick of heat to this recipe.
- Garlic Powder – Add a punch of garlic with a little garlic powder.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this creamy herb dip.
You don’t need much at all to make this easy dip recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
You can store this dip in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Freezing is not recommended.
This is a super simple recipe, but I still have a couple of tips to help you make the best dip possible.
- Mix thoroughly to ensure all the ingredients are combined. You can’t overmix this.
- Chilling for a minimum of 2 hours is required, but the longer you chill this dip the tastier it will be.
More Dip Recipes
Do you like dips of all kinds? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about this creamy dill dip? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about dill dip.
Mayonnaise and sour cream break when frozen and defrosted, and this dip contains both.
The culprit isn’t even in the dip. When you dip vegetables directly into the dip, some of the moisture from the veggies gets into the dip, especially if you’re dipping something watery like cucumber slices. Over time that moisture makes the dip watery.
Chilling the dip gives all the individual flavors a chance to meld together.
Creamy Dill Dip
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Creamy Dill Dip
- ¾ cup mayo
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine sour cream, mayo, onion, parsley, dill weed and seasoned salt.
- Stir until incorporated.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
- Serve with fresh dill sprinkled all over the top.
- Enjoy every bite!