Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is an easy no bake recipe that is perfect for holidays and parties. This recipe is easy to make that even the kids can get into the kitchen and help you make it.
I had my first taste of a dessert dip a couple years ago, and since then I’ve become slightly addicted. This recipe is my newest creation in the dessert dip world, but I think it maybe my best recipe yet.
Cookie Dough Dip
This recipe was inspired by my favorite cream cheese fruit dip recipe. There is something so fun about a dessert dip, it’s not heavy but yet it has a sweet enough taste to satisfy your sweet tooth. This recipe is even kid friendly!
Why we love this recipe
- kid friendly
- ready in less than 15 minutes
- perfect for a dip
- looks great on a dessert table
This easy dessert dip recipe only needs 8 ingredients. You might not even need to make a trip to the grocery store, as these ingredients are commonly found in most household pantries.
- butter, softened
- brown sugar
- all-purpose flour
- milk chocolate chips
You can find the exact measurements list in the recipe card below.
This cream cheese cookie dough dip recipe is so simple to make, it comes together is just three easy steps.
Step 1: Mix your butter and dry ingredients
In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter, flour, salt, sugar, and brown sugar
Step 2: Add your wet ingredients
Add vanilla and milk and mix again until a solid dough forms.
Step 3: Add in your chocolate chips or sprinkles
Pour in your chocolate chips, and gently fold to incorporate them. Add sprinkles if you choose to.
Hint: Serve this dish with cookies or crackers for dipping. You can use a chip and dip tray for different options.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this cookie dough dip.
- Unsalted butter – Use unsalted butter instead of salted if you prefer it.
- Dark Brown Sugar– using dark brown sugar will give your dip a sweeter taste.
Want to personalize this chocolate chip cookie dough dip recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips – Roll your finished dip into a ball and then roll in chocolate chips for an additional chocolate taste to your dip.
- Peanut Butter Chips – use peanut butter chips in place of the chocolate chips for peanut butter cookie dip.
- Make it festive: Want a festive dip for a holiday? Use colored chocolate chips or sprinkles that match your occasion.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy Pumpkin Dip recipe
For this cream cheese cookie dough dip, you only need three basic kitchen tools. How simple is that?
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand mixer
- Serving bowl
Always store your cookie dough dip in the fridge in an airtight container. This dip can store well for up to four days. Before serving set it out on the counter to softened.
Here are some suggestions and tips to help your recipe turn out as well as mine did.
- Beat your butter first, until smooth for the smoothest dip.
- Be gentle when folding in your chocolate chips.
- Don’t overmix, you just want your dip combined.
More Chocolate Chips Recipes
Do you like chocolate chips? Here some recipes you may also like to try:
Do you have questions about chocolate chip cookie dough dip? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about cookie dough dip.
Yes, you absolutely can double this recipe. There’s no need to make two batches, just double all the ingredients as you work through the recipe.
Sadly, you cannot freeze this cream cheese cookie dough dip. Cream cheese does not freeze well.
I like to serve my dip with graham crackers, gingersnaps, or even animal crackers.
No, make sure that your butter has come to room temperature and is softened before making this recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- Serving Bowl or Chips and Dip tray
- 4 tablespoon butter softened
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon milk
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- sprinkles optional
- Gather all the ingredients for this recipe.
- Add sprinkles if you choose to.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter, flour, salt, sugar, and brown sugar together.
- Add vanilla and milk and mix again until a solid dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Add in sprinkles if desired.