This recipe for Slow Cooker Scalloped Alfredo Potatoes and Cauliflower is fabulous! Years ago we went to our friend's house for dinner and were served this. Ken hates cauliflower and was not told it was cooked with the potatoes. He absolutely loved it. To this day, he has no idea there's cauliflower in this dish. I don't have the heart to tell him. Also, for a man that's is not fond of kale or spinach, he never complains about them being in this wonderful vegetable side.
You can add other vegetables to this Slow Cooker Scalloped Alfredo Potatoes and Cauliflower dish. I have also used carrots and corn! The carrots add more color and taste delicious as well! I am sure there are other options too that I haven't tried! I would love to hear what you do differently! The more suggestions the better! They help us all be better in the kitchen!
Take a moment to take a peek at our video for Slow Cooker Scalloped Alfredo Potatoes and Cauliflower! I think you will be glad you did!
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Cauliflower Video
Slow Cooker Scalloped Alfredo Potatoes and Cauliflower
- 2 cups alfredo sauce, your favorite variety
- 1 cup chicken broth, white wine or water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cups potato, thinly sliced
- 3 cups kale or spinach, chopped
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, chopped fine
- 1-1 ½ cups parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
In slow cooker
- 1 cup carrots, matchstick or sliced
- 1 can corn, drained
- Prepare your 4 to 5 L slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine alfredo sauce with chicken broth, wine or water. I personally prefer chicken broth. The decision is up to you! Add minced garlic if you desire. I do depending on what kind of alfredo sauce I buy. Add thyme if you want to use it. Stir until totally combined. Set aside.
- Next you must prepare to place your layers in the slow cooker. Prepare your potatoes, kale, onions, cauliflower and cheese in bowls or on plates near your slow cooker. First you are going to add a layer of sliced potatoes. Use about half of them. Next sprinkle half of your kale, then half of your cauliflower and then half of your onion. Pour half of alfredo mixture, as evenly as possible, over top of the onion layer. Now sprinkle half of your cheese all over the top of the sauce. Then place all of your remaining potatoes on top of the cheese. Next, the remaining kale, cauliflower and then onion. Pour remaining sauce all over and sprinkle the rest of your cheese all over the top of the sauce.
- Place the cover on your slow cooker and cook on low for about 8 hours or high for 4. I usually stab a potato with a knife or fork to make sure they are tender before serving. Enjoy!