The Best Broccoli Salad is exceptional! The perfect dressing, coating fresh broccoli, raisins, sweet onion, apple or pears and almonds or pine nuts! Costco uses bacon and we do sometimes too!
I am not getting any younger and the less calories the better! To be honest, I have made this salad both ways and cannot taste the difference and neither can anyone else! So why not save the calories when you can?
The Best Broccoli Salad can be so low calorie if you buy 0% fat yogurt or sour cream! I always do. I figure it can’t hurt and no one ever notices the lack of calories, which is most important after all!
Traditionally, Costco uses bacon, sweet onion, pine nuts and raisins and although this dressing is much healthier, it is not the same as Costco’s version. Personally, I like it much better and I am excited to hear what you think!
I absolutely hate turning the oven on in the summer. Summer is the time when I rely heavily on my slow cooker and I am always looking for delicious salads to keep on hand.
The Best Broccoli Salad is perfect as a side dish with lunch or dinner or as a meal.
You can add more or less of any of the good stuff, as my grandmother used to say, the raisins, onion, nuts, bacon, apple or pears.
Ken, my husband, loves raisins and bacon and always puts more in if he is making this amazing salad!
When I make The Best Broccoli Salad I always use more almonds because I love them!
If you are a broccoli fan you have got to give this recipe a try!
Ingredients in The Best Broccoli Salad
- fresh broccoli
- red, purple or sweet onion
- apple or pear
- yogurt or sour cream
How to make The Best Broccoli Salad
Wash and prepare your head of broccoli into florets. Try to make them bite size.
Place broccoli in a large bowl.
Chop red onion and apple or pear and put it in your large bowl with your broccoli.
Add your sliced almonds and raisins to your large bowl.
In a 2 cup measuring cup dump yogurt until it reaches the ½ cup line.
Add mayonaise until it reaches the 1 cup line.
Add one tablespoon of sugar and stir until blended.
Taste and add another tablespoon of sugar if desired.
Using a spatula, pour yogurt mixture into your broccoli mixture and stir until everything is coated.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
The Best Broccoli Salad Video
Please take a moment to check out our video! I think you will be glad you did!
The Best Broccoli Salad
- 1 head broccoli
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ large red onion, sliced thin
- 1 apple or pear, chopped, peel if desired
- ¼ cup almonds, sliced or pine nuts
Making the Dressing
- ½ cup mayonaise
- ½ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Wash and prepare your head of broccoli into florets. Try to make them bite size.
- Place them in a large bowl.
- Add your sliced almonds or pine nuts and raisins to your large bowl.
- Dice red onion and apple or pear and put it in your large bowl with your broccoli.
Making the Dressing
- In a 2 cup measuring cup dump yogurt until it reaches the ½ cup line.
- Add mayonaise until it reaches the 1 cup line.
- Add one tablespoon of sugar and stir until blended.
- Taste and add another tablespoon of sugar if desired.
Making your salad
- Using a spatula, pour yogurt mixture into your broccoli mixture.
- Stir until everything is coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!