Best Ground Pork Burger recipe uses ground pork, your favorite barbecue sauce, some minced onion and a few other ingredients and they taste divine!
Words really can’t describe how good these ground pork burgers taste. We like them better on the grill, however, the oven works great too! You will love eating these burgers as much as we do!
Ground pork, barbecue sauce and a few other ingredients. The flavor is simple and fabulous. This recipe can be easily cut in half to make four burgers if that is all you need! You will love them!
We make these burgers regularly and they are so easy to make that I make a full batch and keep half in the freezer until needed. In the winter I bake them and in the summer they are so tasty barbecued! Either way you will enjoy every bite!
We love pork burgers so much we have another recipe you have to have a peek at. Perfect Parmesan Double Pork Burgers are a little different but definitely delicious! I hope you consider trying them too!
My son’s favorite topping on this burger is of course more barbecue sauce! With some onions, tomatoes, lettuce and pickles! My husband Ken eats them with just mustard, relish and onion! I love them with ketchup, mayonnaise, onions, tomatoes and lettuce! All of us add cheese of course! Truthfully I couldn’t imagine a burger without cheese!
Ingredients for The Best Pork Burger
- ground pork
- barbecue sauce
- minced onion
- your favorite burger toppings
How to make the Best Pork Burger
Mix together pork, salt, pepper, and barbecue sauce until combined. Try not to over-mix. Form into 8 burgers about ¾ of an inch thick. I usually divide the burgers into 8 balls, as equal as I can get them, and then make the patties.
Decide if you want to bake or grill them!
Recipes don’t get easier than this!
Make the Perfect Pork Burger
If you are adding other ingredients to make your burger do your best to not over mix it. The more you mix ground pork the harder your burgers will turn out. After you have broken up your ground pork in your bowl, add the other ingredients, distributed as evenly as possible across your meat and gently combine with your hands.
Divide mixture into the number of burgers you need and gently shape into patties. As soon as the patties hold their shape set them aside.
Right before you are going to grill your hamburgers, make a shallow dent or as my husband calls it, a small crater in the middle or center of your burger about a half an inch deep. Essentially, you are making two thumbprints in the middle of your burger, side by side.
Some of the tissue in ground pork shrinks as your burger cooks which is why some homemade burgers tend to lose their flat, even shape. This technique means you will serve up a flat burger, every time.
Once you have brown grill marks on the bottom of your burger, it is time to flip it over. No matter what, do not press down on them. You are just pressing out all of the juices and moisture from the ground meat into your barbecue and your burger will turn out dense and dry.
I remember my mother and father always flipping burgers over and pressing down on them to make them cook faster, and I used to do it too. I now encourage everyone to only flip their burgers over one time only and NEVER press down on them. You will be glad you did!
How to Grill the Best Burger?
Turn all of your burners up to high for between 10 and 15 minutes. Next, you reduce your heat to medium and clean the grates on your barbecue with a sturdy barbecue brush and add oil if necessary. Once clean, place your burgers on the grates and close your lid.
After 5-10 minutes, flip your burgers once. Before you flip them make sure there are brown grill marks on the bottom. Also, the meat should start to look cooked from the side of the burger, almost half way up.
Once flipped, cook for another 5-10 minutes or the burgers reach an internal temperature of about 145 degrees.
How do you keep burgers from sticking to your grill?
Pork Burger Temp
Use your meat thermometer to confirm that the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit to be safe for human consumption.
Other Burger Recipes to Try
We have another pork burger recipe that is also definitely worth a try. Perfect Parmesan Double Pork Burger was our first favorite pork burger until we started making Our Favorite Pork Burger. Now, we make them both regularly depending on the mood we are in!
Other Ground Pork Recipes to Try
That being said, I can’t wait to hear what toppings you include on Our Favorite Pork Burger and I would love to hear what you think of them! Please take a moment to check out our video below!
Our Favorite Pork Burger Video
Best Ground Pork Burger
- rimmed baking sheet
- ¾ cup your favorite tomato based barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tblsp pepper
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 8 buns
- ½ medium onion, minced (optional)
- cheese optional
- tomatoes optional
- bacon, cooked slices optional
- any additional burger toppings you can think of
- Prepare grill for cooking over medium-hot charcoal or medium heat for gas. If baking pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together pork, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon pepper, and ¼ cup barbecue sauce until combined (try not to overmix), then form into 8 burgers about ¾ of an inch thick. I usually divide the burgers into 8 balls, as equal as I can get them, and then make the patties.
- Oil grill rack, and then grill patties turning over occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes per side. Brush top of each patty with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, then turn over and grill 30 more seconds. Repeat as often as you desire.
- If baking these burgers in the oven prepare a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil and a rack lightly coated in cooking spray. Cook for approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Stop every 10 minutes to baste with barbecue sauce and flip. You will be glad you did! Also, rotate your baking sheet during cooking.
MAKING YOUR BURGERS
- I usually melt cheese on the buns and brush both sides of the buns with remaining barbecue sauce. You can serve them any way your heart desires! With cheese, lettuce, tomato, more barbecue sauce and anything else you can think of! Enjoy!