This Glazed Hawaiian Pork Roll is a favorite around here. Full of ground pork, bacon or ham, pineapple, onion, ginger and garlic! Delicious! This recipe is easy, fast and fabulous. Just the way we like them.
I love coming home and making something that takes little time to prepare that I can throw right into the oven and while it is baking I have time to get the sides prepared or just relax. This is that meal.Always enjoyed by all, kids and adults alike, this dish will not disappoint! The flavors blend perfectly together and the glaze is fantastic! I usually only baste this meatloaf or roll once while baking and it is definitely worth it!
Ken, my husband, and I could not agree totally on the ingredients in this recipe. I love this recipe with the pancetta, ham or bacon and Ken prefers it without. It is the texture, not the taste, that bothers him.
Maybe I just don’t chop the bacon, ham or pancetta small enough for him? I don’t know but I think they add something special to this loaf. You are going to have to try it for yourself and please let me know your opinion. I am dying to hear what you think!
I have used both bread crumbs and panko crumbs to make this Glazed Hawaiian Pork Roll recipe and both turn out beautifully! Use whichever you have on hand!
I have substituted regular onion for the green onion and the recipe worked as well. I love the color the green onions bring to every bite! The favor is so similar that you really could use either to make this Glazed Hawaiian Pork Roll.
Ingredients for Hawaiian Pork Roll
- ground pork
- pancetta, ham or bacon
- crushed pineapple
- green onions
- hoisin sauce
- rice vinegar
How to make a Hawaiian Pork Roll
In a large bowl combine pork, bacon, ham or pancetta, bread crumbs, pineapple, egg, ginger, garlic, green onions and salt.
Shape into a log, roughly 4 inches across, and place on prepared baking sheet.
In a small bowl combine hoisin sauce with vinegar.
Brush sauce all over your pork log.
Place your baking sheet in oven and plan on basting once at about the 20 minute mark.
Bake until a thermometer inserted reads 160 degrees.
Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving!
Other Ground Pork Recipes to Try
Glazed Hawaiian Pork Roll Video
Glazed Hawaiian Pork Roll
- rimmed baking sheet
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup bacon, pancetta or ham, cooked, diced
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 can (14 oz) pineapple, canned. crushed, drained
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tblsp ginger, minced
- 2 tblsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tblsp rice vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil and a rack coated in cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine pork, bacon, ham or pancetta, bread crumbs, pineapple, egg, ginger, garlic, green onions and salt.
- Shape into a log, roughly 4 inches across, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine hoisin sauce with vinegar. Brush sauce all over your pork log.
- Place your baking sheet in oven and plan on basting once at about the 20 minute mark.
- Bake for 45 minutes total or until a thermometer inserted reads 160 degrees. Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving! Enjoy!