If you're looking for an extra special, extra fun dessert to serve the family or bring to a party, then this cream cheese Oreo dip is for you. It's rich, sweet, tangy, and loaded with Oreo flavor.
Serving up a dessert dip is perfect for parties! It's especially great for larger groups as you can simply make a huge batch and then serve it up with store-bought dippers saving you lots of time in the kitchen!
If you love Oreos, you're going to enjoy this homemade Oreo frappuccino recipe.
Why You Will Love This Cookies and Cream Dip
- Takes only five minutes to whip up this delicious no-bake dip.
- There are endless variations to create unique flavor experiences.
- It's easy to customize the ingredients according to your dietary needs or preferences
- Everyone will love it! The creamy cookie dip texture is sure to satisfy even the most finicky palate
The best part about this recipe for cookies and cream dip is that it only requires a few simple ingredients. You probably have these ingredients on hand, or can make a quick trip to the store for them.
- The creamy base: You will need cream cheese and salted butter to create this creamy dessert dip.
- Vanilla extract: Adds natural sweetness and flavor to the cream cheese cookie dip.
- Powdered sugar: This fine-grain, powdery sugar sweetens the dip but blends right into the creamy cheese and butter mixture.
- Crushed Oreos: What makes this cookies and cream dessert the BEST! You can buy crushed Oreos or buy whole cookies and smash them yourself!
Check the recipe card at the end of this post for how much of each ingredient you need to make this dessert dip recipe.
Substitutions and Variations
- Cream Cheese: Use full fat for best results but low fat will work if you want to make this a bit lower in fat.
- Salted Butter: If all you have is unsalted, Use a half cup of unsalted butter and add one-quarter teaspoon salt.
- Skip the Butter: Use heavy whipping cream (35%) instead.
- Vanilla Extract: Swap it out with peppermint, coconut, banana, almond, or maple extract to alter flavor somewhat.
- Oreos: Use different types of cookies! You can try this cream cheese dip dessert with Golden Oreos. Mint Oreos, your favorite flavor, or any other sandwich cookie.
How to Make Oreo Dip
You can create this great oreo dip with a few easy steps. There is nothing better than a great treat that doesn't take long to make.
- Whip the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the butter and vanilla and whip again.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat again to combine it with the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the crushed Oreos to the bowl.
- Mix until they are fully combined.
- Serve it up in a bowl with fruit, pretzels, cookies, and other cookie dip dippers! Enjoy!
Refrigerator: You can leave this dip on the counter for up to an hour at a time before it should be placed in the fridge to chill. Store in an air-tight container for up to five days.
Freezer: I don't recommend freezing this dip. It will turn to mush when thawed.
Make Ahead: Make this dip a day or 2 ahead of time.
What to Serve with Dessert Cookie Dip
This dip is perfect for dipping fresh fruit like strawberries and apple slices or your favorite homemade or store-bought cookies.
If you're up for some homemade dippers, some of the favorites we recommend are chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, or our special green oreo cookies which you can make your favorite color instead.
- Serve this dip with a variety of dippers such as strawberries, fudge strip cookies, graham crackers, and bananas.
- If refrigerated before serving, allow it some time to soften to make scooping easier.
- Don't totally crush Oreo cookies into fine crumbs as you'll appreciate a little texture in your dip.
- Whipping the cream cheese before adding anything gives you a smooth texture that is easy to scoop up with anything you serve with this dip.
- The salted butter helps balance the sweetness in the dip so that it is not overwhelming.
- Use full-fat cream cheese for the best results.
Do you have questions about oreo dip? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about oreo dip.
Absolutely! You can try any flavor of Oreo or cream-filled sandwich cookie you would like.
Yes, you can make this recipe without sugar by using a sugar-free sweetener. Be sure to adjust the amount of sweetener to taste.
More Delicious Oreo Recipes
Sweet and Creamy Oreo Dip
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whip your cream cheese until it is smooth and fluffy (about 1 minute)
- Add the butter and vanilla to the whipped cream cheese. Mix again until the butter is fully incorporated into the cream cheese.
- Add the powdered sugar and continue mixing on a low speed until the powdered sugar is homogenous with the cream cheese mixture.
- Mix in the crushed Oreos on a medium speed until they are evenly distributed throughout the dip.
- Serve with cookies or fresh fruit and enjoy!