This tequila espresso martini combines a kick of both alcohol and caffeine in one drink! This delicious cocktail is rich, chocolaty, and filled with Bailey's Kahlua, and Petron!
I love creative cocktails. Most of the time, you'll come across something fruity at a party, but I like to mix things up. That's why I love serving up this rich, chocolate-flavored cocktail along with other party standards.
Why This Recipe Works
- Simple Ingredients: It only takes a handful of ingredients to make this cocktail.
- Simple to Make: Making this cocktail is a breeze. It only takes a little shaking.
- It's Unexpected: Most guests will be ready for something made with berries or pineapple. They'll be so surprised to try this!
Espresso Martini with Tequila
You might not think of coffee and chocolate liqueur when you think of a martini, but trust me, it works.
When I was served this cocktail for the first time, I wasn't sure what it was going to be like, but after one sip, I knew that it would be a staple in my cocktail recipe lineup. It's kind of like a cross between a cocktail and dessert, and it is so good!
Four simple ingredients are all it takes to make this delicious, chocolaty cocktail. If you make cocktails regularly, you'll most likely have most if not all of these ingredients at your bar already. If you don't, they're easily found at your local grocery store or liquor store.
- Baileys - Baileys adds a rich creaminess to this cocktail.
- Kahlua - Kahlua delivers that deep chocolaty flavor that makes this cocktail so great.
- Petron Tequila - If you're going to use tequila, use the best!
- Espresso - Espresso delivers a kick of caffeine that will make your eyes pop.
- Chocolate Syrup - Chocolate syrup gives an interesting look and flavor to the cocktail.
- Chocolate Shavings - These make a great topper for the cocktail.
- Coffee Beans - A few coffee beans floating in the center of the cocktail glass give it a classy look. Try chocolate covered coffee beans for a wonderful change!
How to Make Tequila Espresso Martini
Making this cocktail is absolutely one of the easiest things you'll ever do. There's no fancy muddling or grinding. You just shake it all up!
Step 1: Prepare the Martini Glass
Tilt your glass at an angle and drizzle chocolate syrup onto the side while turning the glass.
Step 2: Mix the Cocktail
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Then, add the Baileys, Kahlua, tequila, and espresso. Shake vigorously for at least 10 seconds.
Step 3: Serve
Pour the liquid into the glass using a cocktail strainer, garnish with chocolate shavings, and a few coffee beans if desired, and enjoy.
- Shot Glass
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Strainer
- Martini Glass Or Shot Glass
- Cheese Grater or Vegetable Peeler to grate or shave chocolate for garnish
Substitutions and Variations
- Espresso: You can use coffee liqueur in place of espresso.
- Petron: You can use any brand of tequila, just be sure it's a good one. Don Julio is a great example.
- Shooter: This combination of ingredients also makes an incredible shooter if you're interested in trying it.
What to Serve with Tequila Espresso Martini
The great thing about this martini is that it's not just for sipping as you walk around and mingle. This is actually a fantastic drink to serve with a meal or dessert.
- Steak Ranchero
- Cheesecake Factory Truffle Honey Chicken
- Chevre Goat Cheese Balls
- Neapolitan Cheesecake
- Naked Chocolate Cake
Serving this delicious cocktail with a combination of the above main courses and desserts or your favorite Mexican beef or chicken recipes, appetizers with nutty cheeses, and rich desserts make for a delicious meal for any occasion.
Making this cocktail isn't hard to do. In fact, as cocktails go, it's one of the easiest you'll ever make. This is a recipe that's all about the quality of the ingredients.
- Choosing the Tequila: It all starts here. Quality ingredients make a quality product, so choose a high-quality tequila like Petron or Don Julio.
- Chill the Espresso: You don't want to add hot coffee to this recipe. Either buy cold brew espresso or make your own and then chill it in the refrigerator.
Patron, Blanco Tequila, and Don Julio are all excellent choices for mixed drinks.
It's a coffee liqueur made with rum, sugar, and arabica coffee.
After your second martini, you'll probably be moving into the slightly drunk category. These are delicious, but they pack a punch!
Not at all. You can simply use coffee liqueur if you don't have espresso or don't want that much caffeine.
More Delicious Cocktail Recipes
If you're planning a party, try some of these cocktails to go with your tequila espresso martinis.
Tequila Espresso Martini
- Cheese grater or Vegetable Peeler to grate or shave chocolate for garnish
- 2 oz Baileys or Irish cream liquor
- 1 oz Kahlua or coffee liquor
- 1 oz Patron or blanco Tequila
- 1 oz Cold Brew Espresso or regular espresso that is cool
- Prepare your martini glass. Tilt the glass at an angle and drizzle chocolate syrup onto the side while turning the glass.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
- Add baileys, kahlua, tequila, and espresso. Shake vigorously for at least 10 seconds.
- Use a cocktail strainer to pour into martini glass
- Garnish with chocolate shavings or coffee beans, if desired and enjoy!