Our Double Chocolate Espresso Nut Cookies recipe makes the best, super soft, thick and chewy double chocolate chip cookie with espresso EVER!
Double Chocolate Cookies Recipe
If you are craving a chocolate treat then these Double Chocolate Espresso Nut Cookies are for you! I just love how soft, chewy and chocolaty each bite is, with or without nuts, and so will you!
For chocolate and coffee lovers, these amazing, thick cookies are totally satisfying. That being said, I am not a coffee drinker and would make these espresso chocolate chip cookies every day.
My waistline just won’t allow it and I imagine it is possible to get sick of them? Maybe? I would hate to take that challenge to find out if it is possible to get sick of these tasty chocolate espresso cookies.
I always say that this soft chocolate cookie recipe is total chocolate cookie perfection! You’ll love the texture and the taste.
These chocolate espresso cookies will become a favorite of yours too. Just you wait and see.
If you are not a fan of pecans, or have nut allergies, you can definitely use your favorite nut in these easy espresso cookies or skip them all together!
These cookies can never disappoint. I think it’s impossible and I’m not even kidding.
My close friend uses coconut to make hers and her espresso cookies are terrific.
We have used roughly chopped walnuts, peanuts, almonds and no nuts at all. All just taste great.
Make these chocolate espresso cookies big or small, for your family or an event. They’ll disappear lightening fast and every bite will be enjoyed.
Kids and adults alike.
Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
My son loves these soft, chewy chocolate cookies and now he makes them for himself. He likes to add everything from M&M’s, peanut butter chips, caramel chips, Smarties and who knows what else!
The point is this soft chocolate cookie recipe is so versatile. You won’t believe it yourself.
He likes to include as many things as possible, just like I do! I can’t wait to hear what you all decide to add to your cookies, if anything at all!
Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Soft Chocolate Cookie Recipe
I always make these Double Chocolate Espresso Nut Cookies pretty big in size, almost every time I make them.
Depending on the size you decide upon you will know when they are done because the tops will be cracked and the middle or center of each cookie will look under done.
The key, I believe, is letting these cookies cool on the pan, on top of your oven. Do not over bake them, if at all possible.
Ingredients for Soft Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies
- pecans, walnuts or your favorite
- semi-sweet chocolate
- bittersweet or unsweetened chocolate
- espresso powder
- baking powder
How to make Double Chocolate Espresso Nut Cookies
Using a heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter and then add the semisweet chocolate.
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
In a large bowl, using a hand held mixer, beat together the eggs, sugar, espresso powder and vanilla.
Beat in the melted chocolate mixture, then the flour mixture.
Stir in the bittersweet or unsweetened chocolate and nuts.
Using between 3 and 4 tablespoons of dough for each cookie, spoon the dough onto your prepared baking sheets, forming about 6 cookies per sheet.
Bake until the cookies are cracked on top and moist in the center.
If you are like me and always on the lookout for more cookie recipes, I have included some of my favorites below. Just in case these Double Chocolate Espresso Pecan Cookies aren’t for you!
Delicious Cookie Recipes for you to Try
Double Chocolate Espresso Nut Cookies Video
Double Chocolate Espresso Nut Cookies
- rimmed baking sheet
- 3 tblsp espresso powder instant -
- 2 cups pecans, chopped or your favorite
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate, chopped or 1 pound
- 2 cups bittersweet or unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 tblsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter 1 stick
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large, heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter and then add the semisweet chocolate, over medium-low heat until smooth, between 5 and 7 minutes. Stir regularly.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a hand held mixer, beat together the eggs, sugar, espresso powder and vanilla until blended and slightly foamy, between 1 and 2 minutes.
- Beat in the melted chocolate mixture, then the flour mixture.
- Stir in the bittersweet or unsweetened chocolate and nuts.
- Using between 3 and 4 tablespoons of dough for each cookie, spoon the dough onto your prepared baking sheets, forming about 6 cookies per sheet.
- Bake until the cookies are cracked on top and moist in the center, between 20 and 25 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies. Do not over bake.
- Allow the baking sheet(s) to cool with the cookies on them completely.
- Remove the cookies gently using a spatula. Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator. Enjoy!